• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1983dieselranger

M50D R1 Rebuild

Can anyone tell me how to rebuild my tranny in my 94 4.0 4x4. I have got one tranny with nothing but 4th and the other tranny i got now is whining really loud and is soon to go out then i will be without a truck. Any help would be awesome.
  2. 1983dieselranger

how do i replace this?

I have a M50D-r1 which pulls only in fourth. I see the gear which is stripped. It is the very first gear in the front. Also the one under it is a little chewed up how do I go about changing it? The tranny in my truck is about to go out and I need this one fixed asap! I went to the tech section...
  3. 1983dieselranger

Give an explanation for this one

I have a 94 4.0 5 speed manual 4x4. i recently put in a Racing clutch and pressure plate. Now when i push the clutch in, usually after i use it a lot and sometimes when i first get in it. The clutch doesn't release all the way cause i can't get it out of gear and the truck is trying to pull...
  4. 1983dieselranger

Tranny Noises

I have a 94 4.0 5 speed Ranger. I got it stuck and was romping on it back and forth and in the process i broke a front driverside universal in the axle. When i got the truck out the tranny makes a whining noise the faster you go the faster the whining noise and it isn't as loud in 4th as it is...
  5. 1983dieselranger

Speedo Falls 10mph when no engine load

I have a 1994 Ford Ranger 4x4 4 litre and when cruising if i let off the fuel i loose approx. 10 mph. I have replaced my speedo, the clog on the end of the cable and the speed sensor.
  6. 1983dieselranger

140 mph speedo for ranger?

Will any year model mustang speedo fit into a 89-94 ford ranger. I would like mine to read atleast 100 but a 140 speedo would be nice.
  7. 1983dieselranger

Hesitation

I have a 94 4.0 ranger and when its cold it has a bad hesitation and when its warm it fades away but still has just a little bit of hesitation. I have cleaned the MAF sensor. I have cleaned the IAC Valve. I have cleaned the intake and butterfly and have got new plugs, new wires, and a new fuel...
  8. 1983dieselranger

Need fog lights to come one with parking lights

anyone know what wire to hook to what wire to make my fog lights in my 94 ranger come on with my parking lights and and still go off on high beam?
  9. 1983dieselranger

Manual to power window conversion

Does anyone know how hard it would be to convert my manual windows in my 94 ranger to power windows? I have the space under the hood for power windows all i need is a fuse in it. Any suggestions?
  10. 1983dieselranger

Binding in a turn

I have got a 1994 Ford Ranger Ext Cab 4x4 and i just installed a set of warn manual hubs with the conversion kit. The instructions with the conversion kit said to install the 3 piece thrust washer set that was already on the truck with the automatic hubs. My truck never had the 3 piece thrust...
  11. 1983dieselranger

Make a 2x4 a 4x4!!!! Or can I????

I have a 1986 Ford Ranger with a 2.3 turbo diesel engine. I am wanting to make it a 4x4. I have the transfer case and that isn't a problem but what am i getting into in changing out the front suspension? I have a manual transfer case so imagine i need manual hubs versus the automatic hubs found...
  12. 1983dieselranger

High Mileage Rangers

I have not a picture to start this out with but i was wondering how many people could post a picture of there odomoter showing over 200k.
  13. 1983dieselranger

ALT Fuel

Anyone heard how to run your vehicle on part hydrogen to get better fuel mileage? Someone i know done a 3500 chevy dually with a work bed loaded with tools and such and got 5 miles to the gallon extra fuel mileage!! Anyone know how to do that? or heard of it?
  14. 1983dieselranger

Diesel 4 speed to a 5 speed

I have a 1983 Ford Ranger with a 2.2 Perkins/Mazda engine and i have a 4 speed tranny behind it. Does anyone know if i can install a 5 speed out of a gasser and myabe just change the front half of the transmission.:icon_confused:
  15. 1983dieselranger

2.2 Diesel Ranger

Anyone out there with the rare 2.2 Diesel Ranger? I would like to find some parts and like to see photos and videos if anyone has any. Here is a video of the truck when i first got it out of the junkyard. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFTI3RUvt8k I since switched the engine, tranny, wiring...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad