• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Need a good engine rebuilder (or replacer) in the Denver metro area...

Hi - Anyone know of a trustworthy engine mechanic that they've used? I live near downtown Denver and would like to bring my Ranger in to have the engine overhauled or replaced. Thanks! Al
  2. Longer pushrods to get rid of tapping?

So I've read somewhere on TRS that since our rockers aren't adjustable, the only way to take out slack in the valvetrain is to replace pushrods with very slightly longer ones. I believe it may have been Big Jim M. He also suggested that it's rare that a hydraulic lifter would go out at 120K...
  3. If there's air in clutch master cylinder, are symptoms consistent?

Sort of a tangent to another thread where my slave cylinder *may* be on dying (jury is still out), my question has to do with the symptoms of possible air in the master clutch cylinder at the pedal. *IF* there is air in the master, will the behavior be consistent where my clutch disengagement...
  4. Any way to diagnose a slave cylinder?

I just did a gravity flush on my '98 Ranger. The clutch was working just fine up to that point but the pedal wasn't very smooth going in and out. Never did I let the fluid drop more than 1/2 reservoir before topping it off. I also pulled the master cylinder through the firewall and tilted it...
  5. Is my engine snarling at me?

I've been searching and reading through a number of posts and can't seem to find one that matches the sound my engine is making. When I accelerate (aka under load), it sounds like there's a low-pitched knock (not detonation which I understand tends to be higher pitched) from about 1500-3500...
  6. Turn switch...slow down...whirrrr....clunk...

In a nutshell, that's what is sometimes happening on my 98 Ranger 4x4. Yesterday was snowing out and I needed 4HI on a few occasions. No problems going into 4HI. A couple times when I switched back to 2HI around 30-40mph all seemed well until I slowed down to about 10mph. Then I'd hear the...
  7. Hello from Denver! New (used) '98 Ranger XLT

Hello all! I've been lurking here for a couple weeks since I've been focused on getting my '98 Ranger all tuned up. I had a '98 Pathfinder that needed new parts that would have matched or exceeded the value of the vehicle so I figured it was time to get something else. Always wanted a pickup...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad