• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 2.5L ('98-'01) Does a base 1998 Ranger have some kind of factory antitheft/starter kill?

Hey guys, long time no see!!! I haven't been here in ages since I bought a new project a few years ago, a 1988 Jeep Comanche that I'm slowly restoring in my free time. I recently spent some time on the Ranger to whip it back into shape, as it'll be my winter beater. I bought many years ago a...
  2. Engine harness help!!!

I was replacing my throttle body gasket this weekend, and I noticed that the main engine wiring harness was resting against the EGR tube, and was partly melted!!! It's the one going to the ECU in the upper passenger side firewall going to some kind of junction block behing the power steering...
  3. Deceiving gas mileage?

Hey guys, I've had my 1998 Ranger 2.5 single cab stepside for around 5 years now. I started documenting my mileage steadily on fuelly since past october, and recently I've been comparing with other members. I've been quite deceived with the numbers I'm getting, which are quite off from most...
  4. Help! 2.5 stays cold and no heat!

I've gone through a lot of threads and still can't find a clear solution... Problem started yesterday; left school, engine started to warm up, then stop at a gas station. When I started it and left, the temp gauge was a bit under normal, but as I drove, all of a sudden the gauge dropped dead and...
  5. Engine accelerates by itself!

First off, I've searched this forum as well as other ones, the net, and youtube to find an answer with no success... So I've got an '98 2.5 5-speed, with around 69000 miles. Sometimes, when I push the clutch in, the engine races up to almost 3000 RPM, and will stay there until I come to a...
  6. No parking lights

Hey there, I had a problem with my truck recently, which was that I had no parking lights, license lights, nor dash illumination due to the #11 mini-fuse keeping on blowing in the power distribution box. I search the web and the forums and it seems like a relatively common problem, but...
  7. Hello there!

Hi everybody! It's a big first for me...First truck, first Ranger and new to this site. I'm from Mont-Tremblant, in Quebec, eastern Canada. I'm new to trucks, after a series of sports cars: 1988 Mazda 323 GT turbo, 1989 Suzuki Swift GTi, four 1989 to 1991 Toyota Corolla GTS's, one 1987 Toyota...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad