• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. SOLD! '97 Ranger D35 TTB, good axles, locking hubs

Brett - sorry it's all sold. Sorry for the slow response- I'm a schmuck and wasn't checking my messages.
  2. SOLD! '97 Ranger D35 TTB, good axles, locking hubs

Damon - sorry, someone bought the whole schmear.
  3. SOLD! '97 Ranger D35 TTB, good axles, locking hubs

D35 TTB in good shape, off my '97 Ranger. Converted the Ranger to D44 TTB because I'm a lunatic so this came off. Axles are good, 3.55 gears, currently wearing Mile Marker manual hubs. Must sell, $80 OBO, I'd ship it but it weighs a ton - pickup in south Denver.
  4. 1354e rebuild: How to get the oil pump off?

My '97 Ranger was making a violent "clunk" when descending against compression in 4Low. I've since learned that that's probably caused by the little plastic bushings on one of the shift selectors wearing or disintegrating... We'll see. Anyway, local junkyard yielded a 1354 electric shift that...
  5. Switch panel that replaces ash tray

I needed a place to put the switches for the ARB switches, and a driving light switch, in my '97 Ranger. I considered mounting the ARB switches "horizontally" in the narrow cubby below the stereo. I also considered some sort of "pod" above the center vents, or to the right of the steering...
  6. What I learned about extended brake hoses

Because I suffer from significant brain damage I swapped a D44 TTB into a Ranger with a 5" lift. :icon_welder: Wonder of wonders, the stock brake hoses were too short. Here's what I learned about extended brake hoses. Turns out there are a few ways to approach this: Find longer OEM...
  7. D44 TTB Ranger swap: narrow the mounts or lengthen the arms?

Then I had to make a 'dent' in the plating for the D50 center section... I thought I had a pic of that, have to find one....
  8. D44 TTB Ranger swap: narrow the mounts or lengthen the arms?

Reinforced them with some 'flange' kinda work: and ported and reinforced the passenger side beam port (I suspect the port is probably not opened enough yet):
  9. D44 TTB Ranger swap: narrow the mounts or lengthen the arms?

Made progress I can't believe it's been so long - but I'm actually making some progress on the truck. I finally did decide to extend the beams, and do a cut-n-turn on them. Extended 1 inch at the eye end: Moved the lower balljoint out: Plated the whole thing over:
  10. Won't Blow Hot: blend door temp fix with a drill and coat hanger

Yet another Blend Door fix thread - I don't know whether to apologise or not. I think I have come up with a new twist though so I'll post it. My '97 Ranger exhibited all the classic signs of a busted blend door, and I was able to confirm it was the door, not the actuator, but partly removing...
  11. Blend Door info: Which way is hot, which way is cold?

Yet another Ford Blend Door thread, sorry. :icon_bounceblue: Hopefully this one is specific enough to be a useful contribution to the problem. Getting ready to dig into mine - probably gonna block it "hot" for now, then do a real fix when there are more digits on the thermometer. I've...
  12. D44 TTB redrill to 5 x 4.5 lug pattern?

"it sux finding decent used 5x5.5 wheels around here now....15's are just out of favor as well." - Yeah here too, I missed a nice seat of "turbine" style on Craigslist a few weeks ago, and there's nada-zip-zero 5-on-5.5 17" wheels in the used market that I can find. (I want to run 33" tires.)...
  13. D44 TTB redrill to 5 x 4.5 lug pattern?

" If it is known how to do it, then more or less you probably can." - Yeah, thanks so much for the enlightenment, Socrates. "not really feasible due to the size of the hub assembly on the 44." Thanks Bobbywalter, that's an actual useful factual answer - It ain't the answer I was hoping for but...
  14. D44 TTB redrill to 5 x 4.5 lug pattern?

Yeah I know >how< to do it, what I'm asking is if it >can be done<, if there's room for the pattern on the hub/rotor. Somebody maybe got a D44 TTB hub or rotor handy, could send a pic or measure it?
  15. D44 TTB redrill to 5 x 4.5 lug pattern?

Yeah there are adapters available, but I don't like using adapters on the front - they increase the scrub radius and increase the load on the steering. I will if I have to but it'd be much cleaner if I can just put them holes where I wants em... Anybody tried it?
  16. D44 TTB redrill to 5 x 4.5 lug pattern?

I'm prepping a D44 TTB to go under a Ranger. I've already got wheels in the Ranger pattern 5 on 4.5, so I want to know if I can redrill the rotors on the D44 TTB for that lug pattern. In a bunch of searching I've found one thread on FSB that says sure it'll work, and one thread on Dezert...
  17. Who made this 28-spline lunchbox locker?

I recently acquired a mystery locker - it's a 28-spline lunchbox locker that I'm told came out of a Ranger. Can anybody identify who made it? The only identifying marks are "CCH" then "L", a double-diamond, "1". Here's a photo: Seller identified it as an Aussie Locker, but I've confirmed with...
  18. Will a "late" hood work on a '97 Ranger?

Argh - got a big nasty dent in the hood of my '97 Ranger. Local ads have a fiberglass hood for a 2004 Ranger... Now I know the grill is different, but are the mounting pads the same or different? Will the thing physically bolt up?
  19. D44 TTB Ranger swap: narrow the mounts or lengthen the arms?

prerunnerwannabe - Yeah, I read that thread, thanks for the point - I gather that poster used the stock Ranger beam pivot points (on a set of Skyjacker lift brackets) and stock Bronco D44 TTB arms, and had all kinds of interesting problems to solve regarding axle shaft lengths... I got a set...
  20. TTB anti-dive

I just got a TTB truck - a '97 Ranger. One of the big reasons I bought this is because my old leaf-sprung SAS-ed Toyota had a terrible bobbing motion when braking, and that drove me nuts. If I stick a longarm kit on this truck (or make my own longer arms) is it going to "dive" worse than stock...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad