• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. rear drive shaft

i need some help i am switch from a two wheel drive to 4 wheel drive trans just to have the low range i am having troble finding a drive shaft and need to know which shaft are interchangable it a 88 2.3 single cab short bed it has the mazda manual trans any help would be appreciated
  2. 2.3 2wd to 4wd

I looking to swap in a 4wd transmission into my 92 short cab 2.3 ranger. i Don't want 4wd i just want to use the low range in the tranfer case. The truck is at my cabin so i need something that i can easily swap in and out with out modifying to much . Do i have to get one out of a 2.3 ranger or...
  3. installing 4.56 gears

i am installing 4.56 in my truck with 7.5 it has the factory l/s it had 3.73 i reused all the factory shims and got .013 backlash what is the chance that you would reuse all the old shims and not have to change them
  4. 3.73 to 5.13 in 7.5

i changing from 3.73 to 5.13 and someone told me that i would need a bifferent carrier because of the larger gears i have the factory l/s. could not find anything on the internet about a different carrier. also will i need a new cross pin. thanksin advance
  5. gear change

i need some advice on what gear to change to. i building a truck for my cabin that will only be used a few month out of the year. Its a 92 with a 2.3 2wd i am going to be running 33. what gears should i run it has the 7.5 i was thing maybe 5.13 or swapping in an8.8 and running 6.14 the truck...
  6. Failed ca emission test for high nox

My 96 explore 4.0 failed the smog check for high nox at 15 mph and passed at 25 mph. It was almost double the limit the egr sensor was just replaced due to check engine light and the egr was cleaned. the cat is only a few years old does anyone have any ideas what could be causeing this
  7. valve seat problem

The problem all started with the engine running a little rough at idle. Then I got a engine light with a cylinder # 1 misfire. Check the wires, plug, injector, coil, everything was ok. performed a compression test had 90 on the first test then 120 on the second all the other cylinder had 150...
  8. 3.0 valve spring

i need to replace 2 of my valve spring that are causing a misfire does anyone know if anyone makes a high performance valve spring for the 3.0.
  9. relocating leaf spring under frame for lift

has anyone done it. i want to keep the factory ride i think i can get a few inches of lift by doing this . want everyone take on this
  10. Dynomax Performance 17318

Has anyone ever used Dynomax exhaust system i dent my stock system on the trail last week and was thinking of replacing the the whole system instead of just the bent pipe. I really do not want it to be to loud any suggestiond are welcome
  11. one hub will not unlock

will it hurt the axle if a drive it long distance with one of the hubs lock. they will =be no power it the front just in 2wd driving about 250 miles to my cabin and cant spend the money right now for new hubs.
  12. rancho lift

how good is the rancho lift and how much of a lift did they come with i found an explorer at the junk yard with this lift with the extended radias arms are the anygood i just go on fire roads and would it lift my truck up any more i have the 96 4wd they want 200 for everything is it a good deal.
  13. wheel bearings

replaceing the wheel beraring on my 96 ranger 4wd 3.0 with the d 35 are the inner nut that goes against the bearing supose to be hand tight and the outer one tightened to 35 lbs i dont know when i took them off they were both loose
  14. factory lift

i have a 96 ranger 3.0 4x4 it has the factory lift 2 inch blocks in the rear but the truck dips in the front like my other ranger with out the lift is the front the same or does it already have a 2 inch lift as well. would i be able to add 2 inch lift in front and still be able to adjust for camber.
  15. duel rear shocks

i constantly carry full loads in my truck and the rear sags a little. i want to get air shock but was told air shock are not a replacement for actual shock has anyone ran a duel shock rear setup with one air shock and one regular shock is it possible
  16. 3.o heads

are there any differences between the right and left heads. just got the heads back from the machine shop and i forgot to mark them they have different numbers on them but i can't tell the difference
  17. 3.0 t stat question

installing new motor in 96 ranger cannot decide witch t stat to use 192 degrees or 180 the truck will be off road mostly in the summer and would like to make sure it does not over heat on trail
  18. 96 3.0 cam syncro.

replacing motor in my truck swapping the camshaft syncro to new motor when i was taking it off it look like the slot on the syncro was line up with hold down bolt, alldata say that the center line should be at 75 degrees from engine center line now shold i line it up with the bolt or 75 degrees...
  19. 3.0 engine blocks

hey new hear. i have a 96 ranger 3.0 4x4 with blown motor was wondering if all block would work in this truck or just from 96. i look around and 91-95 are 1/2 as much as the 96

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad