• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. What fits?

Hey everybody, Everyone likes a story and tonight I feel like sharing.. My buddy Rafael got me into rangers back in 2002 with his white '93 single cab 4 banger 5 speed danger ranger. I learned how to drive a stick, power slide (it snows a lot in michigan) and off road (lightly) in that lil...
  2. The tach must be lying..

Hey fellas, I finally did the tach cluster switch for my tach-less ranger.. I did what i usually never do, I settled on one of the 5000 redlines, which are a dime a dozen.. I used to visit the boneyard in search of the 5500 redline (which is correct for the 4 bangers) but could never find one...
  3. Help me decide!

Hey fellas, I'm looking into new wheels for the D.R. but I can't decide on which ones.. I want black steelies and like the black soft from AWC and Bassett DOT's.. I like the red rim line and yellow logo from bassett, but perfer the styling on the AWC. Stock my ranger has the 14x7's, but I...
  4. Why does it burn oil?

Hey fellas, I've got a 94 2.3 w/M50DR1 and sometimes it likes to chug a little oil, SOMETIMES. When it does burn it is on start up, and it burns for like 4-10 seconds. It's rare but It seems as if it likes to burn when its really cold outside but ive had it do it to me in the middle of July...
  5. High Idle

Hey everybody! Lately I've been having issues with my ranger's idle speed. It starts up, runs and drives fine, but sometimes it starts to idle higher than normal. It usually does this while driving whether its cold or fully warmed up. Sometimes I'll notice it after its been lugging in second...
  6. Wrong on so many levels...

You gotta see this.. :haha: http://detroit.craigslist.org/cto/894629636.html
  7. How do I disable the Govenor?

No, not Kwame, I'm talking about the govenor on my 94 Ranger 2.3 sticker shift. The thing about the truck is that it has the areodynamics of a brick with a open parachute behind it, so why does it even have a govenor? It only lets me do about 90 in 5th gear before something limits the fuel and...
  8. Cluster switch out on 94 a Ranger..

Hey fellas, What needs to happen in order to get the factory tach cluster to work, in place of my crappy speedometer only cluster? I've tried the direct swap, the wiring harnesses snap rite in but nothing works right. Between the two clusters, What did ford do differently, and is it something...
  9. Chewbaca is hiding in my ranger..

Hey fellas, So about two weeks ago i noticed some noise coming from the front end when ever i went above 15 mph..(already ruled out the tires) It kinda sounded like chewbaca, a low growling/moaning. No vibrations of any sort, just noise, in gear, out of gear, engine off - noise.. So to try...
  10. Clutch Noise?

Hey fellas, So about three to four weeks back i had my clutch replaced, everything that goes with it too. New flywheel, new throwout bearing, clutch, clutch master cylinder and all that jazz. Well i ended up havin to bleed the dam thing correctly the day i picked up, but thats another story...
  11. What's wrong with the A/C?

Whats goin on? So i charged up my A/C (134a) in my ranger with one 12 ounce can last saturday. so far this past week i havent had to use it much but today was a doozie here in MI. Even after 45 minutes of driving it didnt get colder than like luke warm. It took the humidity out of the air...
  12. Center consoles?

Hey fellas, i was at a scrapyard this saturday and could have scored bucket seats and center consoles from about 4 different exploders and broncos.. I did bc i wasnt sure if they were the same thing ford stuck in the rangers.. (floor pans seemed to be different) are all the consoles the same...
  13. Which clusters (with tach) will work?

I've been wanting to put one of those instrument panels with a tach in my ranger since i bought it. So I finally went to the scrap yard this saturday and pulled a wood grain trim panel and instrument panel(with tach) from an 88 bronco II. The cluster appeared to be a plug and play, but when i...
  14. Lifter noise?

Hey fellas, I've noticed the noise for a couple of months now but never checked into it, until today. Whenever i start my truck it sounds fine, no clickity clack. but after it gets fully warmed up and is at idle, I can hear clickity-clickity-clack most of the time. My first guess was the valve...
  15. Another Michigander..

Hey everybody! I'm a fairly new Danger Ranger owner, but my track record with them goes back into my High School days.. I can still remember learning to drive my buddies white 93 four banger single cab.. Those were the days, if I stalled it I was done for the day. We'd take it fish tailing in...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad