• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Kormex transmission?

In my neverending quest to find an M5OD to replace my FM-146 I saw those rebuilt transmission from Kormex for 850$ shipped on ebay. They offer a 6 months ulimited mileage warranty. I'm really fed up to deal with scrap yards asking for half that price for a tranny with no infos on it. Anyone has...
  2. FM146 to M5OD Tailhousing Swap

I'm in my Fm146 to M5OD swap on my 1992 2.9L 4x4 ranger. I bought an M5OD from a scrapyard, fair price from a low mileage truck. Unfortunately when it arrived home the tailhousing was broken during transport. My question is, can I swap my FM146 tailhousing to the M5OD without too much problem...
  3. Luk Clutch upgrade question

Hi, I'm currently planning on doing the 4.0 clutch upgrade for the 2.9. I have a 1992 ranger 4x4 2.9L with the FM146 tranny but in the tech article it says any clutch from a 4.0L <1997. I have two parts number for the Luk clutch kit: 07-077 (1990-1992) 07-096 (1993-1997) Aren't they all...
  4. pre 1998 4L engine, 4x4 manual tranny M5OD, transfert case etc

Looking for pre 1998 4L engine engine with 4x4 manual tranny, transfer case and most thing to do the swap from my 2.9. Upper State NY / Vermont, I can do some distance Thanks
  5. What is that?

In the endless saga of my explorer rear axle swap on my 92 ranger I have encountered another bump. I know the flange for the axle is not the same and I bought what I thought I need, but it seems I never noticed that my driving shaft didn't have any U joint. Instead I have this which complicates...
  6. Explorer rear axle swap help!!

Alright I just finished installing my explorer 8.8 rear axle on my 1992 ford ranger and had a surprise when I tried to bolt my driving shaft to the axle...it didn't fit. I thought that 1990 and up rangers were supposed to bolt on the 8.8 explorer axle. On the left is the ranger (you can see...
  7. Upstate NY/ Vermont Shop

Hi everyone I'm looking to find a good garage or somone (please no 80$/h) in upstate NY or Vermont for my 8.8 explorer swap. This has been going on forever and I really need this to be done. Thanks
  8. Little Track loc question here

Hi I'm currently doing the explorer axle swap. Unfortunatly when I bought the axle I don't know where my head was, I forgot to ask for a locked diff. My question is: Can I simply buy a Ford 8.8 track Loc like this one and put it in my diff? Thank you...
  9. So I just build my dream 2014 Ranger

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/rest/tools/share/pdf/4x4%20XLT%20Super%20Pick-Up%203.2%20Diesel?modelId=1248921183831&derivativeId=1248921185575&colourId=1137384294450&postcode=&usage=&priceZoneId=1137384063721&site=FOA&trimId=1137384203390&engineId=1178870887723&features= On the Australian...
  10. From Montreal

Hey all, noticed that I've never introduced myself properly. My name is Chuck, from Montreal. Got a 92 ford ranger 4wd custom extended cab. Had the truck for 4 years now and 2 years ago decided to put money on the truck because I was so impressed how tough this little pick up was. I didn't know...
  11. Auto Repair Online Course?

Hi all! This might sound funny but has anyone done an auto repair online course? The reason i'm asking this is quite simple: I'm 28 years old, full time firefighter, I have my little family and I couldn't afford timewise to go back to school. I feel I have learned a lot since I own my ranger by...
  12. Auxiliary fuel tank from new parts only?

Hey guys, I want to get a second fuel tank on my ranger. Anyone has done this from brand new parts only? I have a hard time finding a salvaged dual tank kit. What would I need? (fuel tank, sending unit, fuel pump...anything else?) Thank in advance.
  13. Dana 35 Spindle

Anyone ever had to change their Dana 35 Spindle? Seems to be quite hard to find these days. I know BG has it but it would be cheaper to change the entire axle...
  14. Skyjacker N8060?

Hi all! This will be my first post on the forum. TRS has been for me tremendous ressource but now I need specific help. I bought 2 rear skyjacker shocks N8060. It happend that when I tried installing them the upper and lower sleeves are larger than my other shocks. So I can't mount them. Called...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad