• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Exploder_Chick

New car! New problems....

Well, gave up on the ranger. Got the new head gasket installed but got the timing wrong and really ferked things up. Got it hot enough to either crack or warp the heads because I was putting at least a gallon of water in it everyday I drove it. So my dad owns it again lol. Well I recently...
  2. Exploder_Chick

So frustrated

Well, come to find out the rusting in the cylinders wasn't bad at all and it wiped away just fine. So we did the whole head gasket set and everything and put it all back together... best we could anyways. Come to find out my ranger was just out of gas.... My fuel gauge doesn't work so I played...
  3. Exploder_Chick

Motors toast... So motor swap question

So I got the head off one side of the motor and the cylinder walls are rusted. Like, pretty badly so I've been doing a search for 2.9s and the only thig I've come across is a 2.8 What would it take to put a 2.8 in place of my 2.9? Anything different besides the wiring harness? Will it just bolt...
  4. Exploder_Chick

Tear down progress of my Ranger

But first off, pics of my little beasty. I cleaned the intererior the day befor it died so it's stayed clean lol. It could use a shampoo but I'm not going to worry about it till it's running again... IF it runs again haha. I might just get fed up with it and sell the stupid thing... lol anyways...
  5. Exploder_Chick

Well that was short lived...

Poor ranger desided she just couldn't do it any more and is now dead... So that means that a whole lotta crap needs to be fixed now. 1) Starter needs replaced 2) I can now put the whole headset on 3) New fuel pump as uhm... I hate guessing when my fuel is low lol. 4) New tires and eventually...
  6. Exploder_Chick

I'm Back!

Yes, hear it be true I have returned. I dout any of you remember me though lol. Well, I sold the big purple exploder almost 2 years ago now andguess what my current mode of transportation is? An 87 Ranger with the dreaded 2.9! YAY lol... Only 2wd but eh. It runs for now. Sad thing is I broked it...
  7. Exploder_Chick

TO trade or not to trade... Opinions?

Well.... Someone just called me with a couple options. I listed my truck on CL for sale or trade and I got these up for options... 1988 2wd standard cab ranger. 5 spd. Mustang 4cyl engine. Emaculate interior. has a/c but needs new clutch. He uses it as a daily driver. 1990 Toyota camry. Power...
  8. Exploder_Chick

Dura spark II ?

Anyone know much about these? Have a sneaking suspition thats what's wrong with my pile. Was told it causes a few differant problems which are showin' up on my truck...
  9. Exploder_Chick

Bypassing the N/S switch in my 78?

I need to by pass my neutral safety switch in the f-150. My truck shuts off just driving down the road and I have to put in neutral to start it. Any tips?
  10. Exploder_Chick

Theres a murderer behind my store.....

[Yep... The Volkswagen dealership behind my store is killing clunkers.... It's so horrible!!!! It really is depressing me... I watched them kill a perfectly good running early Mazda B2200.... :bawling: ]
  11. Exploder_Chick

FINALLY! Pics of my new 78 pile! lol...

I JUST went outside at work and took a few pics of the beast as she sits. Does uh... anyone wanna come time it for me? lol.... It's off by one tooth and I don't want to dig into it..... lol anyways, here you go!
  12. Exploder_Chick

Well what is it now?

Well, so my truck has an F-150 ranger Badge on it. It has dana 60 rear end but the 5 lug in the front. Would you consider it a 3/4 ton or a half ton? lol I don't really know... lol.
  13. Exploder_Chick

Fuel Heater??

So my new 78 has a fuel leak at the "fuel heater" we think it is.... 2 fuel lines, 1 goes in, the other comes out and to the carb so we are just assuming. But the seal insiade whatever it is is bad because it's leaking. Any suggestions? I can try and get a pic later today, no gauruntees. Thanks!
  14. Exploder_Chick

Buyin the 78 today!!!!!

SOO freaking excited!!! Turns out it's not the carburator, it either is bad timing which I hope isn't the problem as it just had a new timing chain installed. I'm hoping it just needs a tune so I just bough plugs, wires, and an air filter while I'm here at work. Gonna go get it after I get off...
  15. Exploder_Chick

2 inquiries.... which one??

As a few of you know, I sold the sploder back in Oct. and am in need of a vehicle. I have found 2 that i'm likin.... First one is a 1978 F-150. Automatic, Can't remember what size engine she said, but it's 4wd and in decent shape. Link-...
  16. Exploder_Chick

88 Mazda 626 wheel bearings...

Anyone done em? I need to do the pass side and just wondering if anyone had some schematics available, or advice. Thanks in advance!!!! -Brandee
  17. Exploder_Chick

Who remembers me??

It's been awhile. I forgot my password... again so i haven't been on. Sold the sploder.... Bad deal... didn't want to but had no choice. I'm almost completely done payin off court fines!!! So excited!! But now i'mvehicless... I had a little 91 toyota 2wd truck but in the process of moving out...
  18. Exploder_Chick

Sellin muh sploder...

Yep you heard me... I'm sad but have too many things to pay off. I don't even have a drivers license so it has come down to this... Gonna sell it, even though its my only mode of transportation. Going to pay court fines and get my license BACK, THEN buy a friends little 2wd 89 nissan pickup for...
  19. Exploder_Chick

front seal...

so...i am having a big leak in my diff... im pretty sure its from the breather tube not having some sort of block on it and water getting into my diff cause when i checked the fluid it was REALLY liquidy, and it leaks, ALOT, haha. my question is. what is the process of changing the seal on it...
  20. Exploder_Chick

Slow

Yep, things have been sloooww.... i painted my rims the other day, they look bad ass! I got that window put in...kinda sad cause its not the same tint, lol. oh well. its a window and it didnt cost anything really. Work has been pretty gay. My last paycheck for 2 weeks was 175. gah, lol. im STILL...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad