• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. vibration question?? help me!?

OK when I'm going down the road my truck vibrates a lot and its all in the seat so it must be coming from the rear. I broke my short rear drive shaft and had it professionally rebuilt. Could it be out of balance or would a bad pinion bearing cause it to vibrate also?? And it did vibrate before I...
  2. booster adjustment? or master cylinder?

I just replaced my brake booster for the second time and i have to push the pedal in quite a long way to get the brakes to stop my ranger. so i un bolted my master cylinder and tried to adjust the screw coming out of the booster, is that all i have to do? the end of the rod seemed to have a lot...
  3. Front coil question??

I'm going to get a set of rear leafs for my 91 because my old ones sag and suck so my buddy is giving my parts for his price since he works at the parts yard and since I'm getting new I'm going to get a set of belltech 6400s and I'll need to put about two inches in front to compensate. I looked...
  4. D&D Doubler kit???? Where to order??

Where can i order a D&D machine doubler kit? Ive looked everywhere and cant seem to find somewhere to order it. Is it a custom order deal or what? I also need a price if somebody has it.:icon_confused:
  5. Need suggestions for mud tires that wont break the bank

Can anyone give me a few suggestions on what kind/brand of tires for off road/mud/snow that are good and wont break the bank. Im looking for 31/10.50r15s ive looked at firestone destination m/ts and BFG mud terrain and maxxis buckshot mudders. any other suggestions??
  6. My 2.9 i under powered help??

My 2.9 is very under powered when i hit hills or sometimes it takes me putting it to the floor just to keep it at 60 mph. Would a plugged up cat make it that under powered? Ive done a recent tune up(plugs, wires, cap, rotor) so idk what it could be . :icon_confused:
  7. can i ditch my resinator?

I wanna make the ole ranger louder, i already ditched the muffler and im wonderin' if i can ditch the resinator after the cat? im deffinatly leaving the cat on but will removing the resinator leave me enough back pressure?:icon_confused:
  8. Serious Vibration!!!! HELP!!

I have a horrible vibration!!! help me out please! when im driving at high speed on the interstate i have a vibration that will shake ya out of the seat. all my vibration is in the seat, not the steering or pedals. when i let off the gas the truck will shake. ive replaced all the rear u-joints...
  9. Broken E-brake cable, how to fix???

on my 1991 ranger xlt supercab i broke the parking brake after the threaded rod. how do i fix this? where can i find the replacement cable? :icon_confused:
  10. Starts then dies, help me out!?

Ive got my 1991 xlt with the 2.9, when i start up the ole' girl (after sitting all night) it runs for 10 or so seconds then dies. i start it the second time and it stays goin. Are my injectors dirty? How can i fix this for cheep? ive replaced all the plugs, wires and distributor cap plus the...
  11. 1991 2.9 to a 71 302 swap 4x4

Ok here is the deal, i got my 91 xlt super cab ranger with a 2.9 in it and i want to put a 302 in it. What tranny do i use or can i use the stock tranny? I want to keep it a 4x4 so can anyone help me out on what to use. Im also goin to use the conversion kit from jegs so if anyone has advice...
  12. Help me out!!!! ,, v8 conversion

Ok this is my problem, im going to do a 2.9 v6 to a 302 v8 motor swap. I wang to keep my 91 ranger xlt super cab a 4 wheel drive so what tranny do i use? Can i use the stock tranny? I want to keep the 5 speed also. Im going to use the swap kit from jegs magazine and if anyone has any tips...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad