• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. SenorNoob

Need some wiring help on 91 ranger

You replaced the pull switch?
  2. SenorNoob

Jballard81's 1994 super cab 4.0 4x4 Restore

I've used everything you can imagine to shim the bottom of the door up while closed to let me tighten the bolts. Cheap ink pens work pretty well for me.
  3. SenorNoob

Vacuum lines

Can a mod move this from the 2019+ section?
  4. SenorNoob

MOORE Expo

I just looked it up. I might could make this by next year. It's only an 8 hour drive.
  5. SenorNoob

Plastic Gas Tank Hole Fix.

Probably because they had a drill and not a hose. 5 gallons because that's the biggest jug. Even the shortest 5 gallon jug is pretty tall tho. Kinda surprised they were able to get it under the truck.
  6. SenorNoob

Jballard81's 1994 super cab 4.0 4x4 Restore

When you loosen bolts on both sides of the hinges, you can move the door like 3 inches in every direction. I can never get seem to get the gaps even AND the door to close smoothly. Always seems to be one or the other.
  7. SenorNoob

97 Ranger Wire connector ID

Any chance it was 2 wires going up to the optional under-hood light?
  8. SenorNoob

2005 4.0L into a 1990 Ranger

I can't see why any 4.0 SOHC wouldn't work. Just getting the wiring/computer from as early a model as possible would make it a little easier.
  9. SenorNoob

Odd backfire, low power and a bank of wet plugs

I see now. It's interesting. I know that 94 was a transition year from batch fire to sequential for the 4.0. I wonder if there was an early vs late 94? Would definitely cause problems with fueling. And it sounds like the injectors are staying open.
  10. SenorNoob

Odd backfire, low power and a bank of wet plugs

You say 1 2 3 were wet. Oil, gas, other?
  11. SenorNoob

short shifter fx4?

This is the first time I've ever heard that... The only special about FX4 level 2 shifters I have heard of is a chrome handled transfer case shifter.
  12. SenorNoob

Transmission Swap questions

Probably just manufacturing revisions. Maybe a valve body calibration... IDK about the rest of it, but at least the 97GT KCA and KFA are both listed in one rebuild parts listing.
  13. SenorNoob

Gear ratio help

I know our chart is effective, but I really like this calculator.
  14. SenorNoob

60 psi on all cylinders

I'm prepping for a swap because I have 5 cylinders at roughly 90. If all six were at 60 I can't see it running. And the throttle being closed will cause that.
  15. SenorNoob

stuck in 1st after tranny flush

The op last signed in on the day they posted this. It was their only post. It's highly unlikely they'll be back after 14 years.
  16. SenorNoob

Terminal pin size for connectors?

Good luck. Some things are available, but most of them are customized for Ford.
  17. SenorNoob

SenorNoob's '88 Ext Cab "Build"

Picked up a few parts yesterday. Exhaust manifolds. They're from a 96 Explorer. Shouldn't matter except for the EGR hole. Rusty valve covers. Fuel lines and dipstick/tube. A couple other goodies. I pulled the plugs from new engine Sunday. They looked pretty good, even though they are...
  18. SenorNoob

1994 FORD RANGER 2.3 OBD1 TEST INTERFACE QUESTION

Looks like it should be a white with red or purple stripe. Likely connected to pin 48 of the PCM.
  19. SenorNoob

Ideas to make doors close softer/eliminate rattles

Definitely changed at some point then. Mine is a single stud with a plastic bushing. Seems like it would still need some kind of cushioning somewhere.
  20. SenorNoob

Voltage drop AC problems

Depending on the failure, yes it's possible. Though usually they just stop and or blow fuses.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad