• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Front Differential Identification

So my door tag on my 1987 2.9 4x4 XLT says axle code F6, which is 7.5" limited slip 3.73, but what is the front differential? The same?
  2. Pushrod or Valve?

Lets pretend somebody attached something to a 1987 2.9 valve cover with a rivet. Then it drove fine for a half mile then started shaking (engine vibration) and lost some power, and now shakes like a poorly loaded washing machine on spin cycle. Then that person pulled the valve cover off to find...
  3. Yoke strap bolt at center support.

Changed out my center support bearing on my 1989 ranger 2.9 extended cab 4x4. I stripped one of the bolts/holes for the u-joint retainer strap at the center support yoke. I can't tell if it's the bolt or the yoke hole that is stripped. Which strips first?
  4. Over Heating - Complicated

I'm running with my TPS disconnected, haven't got around to checking out the wiring as the TPS tested ok by itself. Anyhow having the TPS disconnected makes the computer run closed-loop mode, relying solely on the O2 sensor. Engine has been running hot and over heating. Checked thermostat...
  5. Gas tank swap from '91 4.0L to 87' 2.9L

I have a plastic gas tank pulled from a 91 4.0l that i want to put in my 87 2.9l. The 4.0l appears to have a single in tank fuel pump at 65 psi with 18 gph. While my 2.9l has an in-tank pump at 7 psi with 15 gph plus an in-line pump at 45 psi with 30-40 gph. Adding 7 to 45 yields 52 psi, which...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad