• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Driveshaft u joint phasing

Again not sure if this is the correct place for this topic. can someone post a picture of a properly phased driveshaft for an extended cab ranger 4x4 with carrier bearing. I’m pretty sure mine is not phased correctly but I want to make sure that I have it in the correct manner when putting back...
  2. Really Bad vibration!!! UPDATE!!

Not sure if i posted this in the wrong area but im looking for any suggestions on a really bad vibration on my truck 1991 Ford Ranger Extended Cab 4.0L 4x4 maual transmission Ive owned this truck almost 30 years now and has developed a really bad vibration at speeds in excess of 65mph. Ive...
  3. Wanted In need of 1st generation ranger parts

Looking for some ranger parts for my 89, 90 and 91 rangers -driver side headlight door (black) -passenger tailight -rear bumper (black) -front and rear bumper (chrome) -hood -passenger and driver side fender -bed -4x4 extended cab frame -8.8 rear differential -Ford Explorer grill (preferably...
  4. 91 ranger dome light

Hello I have a ford ranger which dome light works fine when doors are ajar. Light sometimes works for a few seconds when the switch is turned on. Cargo light works fine when switch is on. I read on a previous post there is a diode in the wiring from switch to light that I think may be the...
  5. Mustang seats help needed please!!!!!

So ive read through the forums previous post and cant find much info regarding mustang seats. I have a 1990 ford ranger X-Cab that is in need of some seats. Currently has 60/40 seat I found some mustang lx seats not sure the year but looks to be from a later model fox body. Does anyone know if...
  6. lighting issues

Ok So I have a 1991 Ranger that im having some lighting issues. First problem is the Dome Light. Light works perfectly fine when the doors open but when I turn it on manually with the switch it doesn't. the same switch also controls the cargo lamp so both are supposed to turn on together. Cargo...
  7. Lighting Issues

Ok So I have a 1991 Ranger that im having some lighting issues. First problem is the Dome Light. Light works perfectly fine when the doors open but when I turn it on manually with the switch it doesn't. the same switch also controls the cargo lamp so both are supposed to turn on together. Cargo...
  8. O2 Sensor Question? HELP NEEDED Please

Im in the process of doing a 2.9/4.0 conversion. The Y-Pipe from my donor Engine (98 ranger) has 2 O2 sensors. Where the Truck that its going into (1990) has wiring for 1 O2 sensor. My plan is to seal and weld the ports for the 2 O2 sensors and drill and weld a new bung where the 2 pipes join...
  9. 4.0 OHV exhaust manifold differences

Im building a 4.0 ohv engine and have 3 different exhaust manifolds ive gathered over the years. all 3 of them fit but i notice they are all different castings. Was wondering if one is stronger or better than the other heres what i have -1990 2.9l exhaust manifolds -1990 4.0l exhaust manifolds...
  10. 1998 4.0 swap into 1990 2.9

truck is a 1990 2.9l 4x4 5 speed manual transmission donor parts: 1998 4.0 block 1998 transmission (5 speed) 1998 rear drive shaft 1990 intake 1990 fuel rail 1990 oil pan with oil level sensor 1990 1354 borg warner electric shift transfercase with speed sensor 1990 exhaust manifold 1990 2.9...
  11. Engine Gasket Kits

can anyone recommend a good engine gasket kit for a 1991 4.0? i checked Rock Auto and they have some pretty decent prices. ive only used felpro and Motorcraft in the past. wasnt sure how the Victor Reinze gaskets are or any of the others they offer.
  12. Y Pipe and O2 sensor HELP NEEDED

im in the process of a 4.0 conversion on a 1990 ford ranger. The donor 4.0 is from a 98. i have a question as far as the O2 sensor goes: can i do either of the following: -use the 98 y pipe thats on the block, plug up one of the O2 sensors, and buy a new O2 sensor for the other side for a 91 so...
  13. 7.5 vs 8.8 axle advice needed

so i have a 90 ranger project im working on. it currently has a 7.5 rear axle with 4.56 gears and locker on it. i have a 98 4.0 donor chassis that im currently swapping the entire drivetrain into my 1990 2.9. the Donor has the bigger 8.8 axle that im thinking of swapping as well. My question...
  14. 4.0 Conversion HELP NEEDED PLEASE!!!!

Ok so i have a ranger that im about to convert to a 4.0 and need a little help (mainly with the wiring) Truck 1990 Ford Ranger Xcab 2.9l 5 speed man transmission Donor Vehicle - 1998 Ford Ranger Xcab 4.0l OHV 5 Speed manual transmission Does anyone have a link to a simialar build? i got my...
  15. Engine/Tranny V8 Conversion HELP!!!

I have a 1990 Ford Ranger XCab with a 3" body Lift & 5.5 Suspension Superlift, 35 x 12.50 mud terains and 496 gears. Truck is a stock 2.9 that is just about to die. I would like to put a 302 in it but im not sure what tranny would bolt up to the 302 and stock transfer case or if i should replace...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad