• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. speedometer drive needle

Where can I get the speedometer drive needle that goes into the transfer case 88 2.9 4x4 my cable came loose and it fell out.
  2. truck running like crap

My truck when it is cool runs fine for about the first 15 miles then from a little bit of throttle to about half it runs real rough and black smoke comes out of the pipe then after half throttle it runs normal. Fuel filter was just changed plugs were changed and they are black again air filter...
  3. master cylinder?

so my slave blew out two weeks ago and i just replaced the slave and buttoned it all up tonight. When i went to bleed the clutch the fluid goes through the line and there is no air in there but it does not pump. i can pump it and open the bleeder and fluid will come out then i can pump it again...
  4. transmission delema

I put a new slave in my truck tonight and i had everything back together all i had to do was put the starter in, plug in the o2, and put the drive shafts back in. when i went to plug the o2 in i relized i couldnt find to other end. i saw it was in the tranny and the tranny is already bolted...
  5. New slave

im putting a new slave in my truck and i was wondering if when i take the clutch out to replace the slave, after i put the new slave in do i have to realign the clutch again or will it just bolt back into place?
  6. slave cylinder question

When swaping a 4.0 clutch in place of the 2.9 is it necessary to use a 4.0 slave as well or is a 2.9 one fine?
  7. oil filters.

I just wondered what oil filters everyone runs. i heard not to use fram just wanted to know what everyone else thinks the best filter is.
  8. take a look at this engine

Its made by ecomotors. i think they need to start mass producing these things and putting them in everything. check out the second link for the horsepower and torque figures. http://www.ecomotors.com/technology http://www.ecomotors.com/engine-design
  9. dial rod for ring and pinion gears?

i am having a shop regear my axles and they called today and said they couldnt finish it because there is a dial rod in there and i need to get a new one. does anyone know what this is or where i can find one?
  10. dana 28 pumkin

I am looking at taking the pumpkin out of the truck. Can I just unbolt the front drive shaft and loosen the bolts on the front of the axle and drop it out or do I have to take the beams and everything out
  11. in line fuel pump

I just wanted to know what the fuel pump on the inside of the frame rail was called i need to replace it. where would i buy it at? 88 ranger 2.9 4x4
  12. looking to get a welder

i am looking to get a welder and i have been looking at the flux core gasless welders. Just want some input i dont want to spend alot and i will only need it for small jobs and maybe a big job every once in awile. portability is also something im looking for.
  13. gear comparison

Ok i Had 31's on my truck (88 4x4 2.9 5speed) and 3.73's. I liked that set up and i have now gone to 33's and i am putting 4.10's in. My question is what will the 33's and 4.10's be like compared to the 31's and 3.73's
  14. front and rear gearing

if you regear the back axle but don't re gear the front at the same time, like say i am going to do the back my self then drive it to a shop and have the front done will i be able to drive it with the rear different as long as i dont lock the hubs in and put it in 4x4
  15. this guy should never own a ranger or drive period

this guy is a retard would never let him drive my truck lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEfnfOfbsi4
  16. wiring diagram

does anybody have a diagram for wiring the 4.0 manual starter up to a 2.9 for the 4.0 clutch conversion
  17. broken o2 sensor

can a broken o2 sensor cause a miss?
  18. 58mm throttle body

what will a 58mm throttle body do on an 88 or newer 2.9
  19. need help quick

Doing the 4.0 clutch swap on my 88 ranger 4x4 with fm146 trans and i got it all back together but when i went to start it the starter is making a real bad banging sound when i turn the key. like it is hitting the flywheel real hard just wondering if anyone else has had this problem or knows how...
  20. treadwrite

i just wanted to know if the treadwrite tires will hold up as long as a brand new tire mileage wise? edit nvm they dont have tires in 33x12.50 anyway

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad