• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. New exhaust resulted in terrible MPG

On my 92 3.0L I noticed a rattling sound this week...come to find out it was my exhaust, weld at intermediate to muffler inlet completely gave out. When i tapped the exhaust tip with my foot the muffler and tailpipe would sway facing the ground. I believe the stock exhaust to use 1 3/4" pipe. I...
  2. Question on Campe Shell compatability

Someone near me on craigslist has a good deal on a midrise camper for a long bed off an 02 ranger long bed and just wondering how well it would fit my 92 long bed. I know the new rangers are a tad wider...Any insight or thoughts...or pictures even of your 2nd gen with a new model shell on it...
  3. clutch master cylinder need to be changed?

Readers digest version 2wd 3.slow with a m5 manual tran. Squeaking when clutch pedal is pressed/released. Knocking sound occassionally from the bottom center or right side of bell house. Im planning to pull the tran and install new slave,throwout, clutch, pressure plate, and pilot bearing...
  4. possible easy project

My idea is simple. But I would like to verify it before moving forward. I've searched and not found much on the topic. Long story short...Rescue a 4wd square body from a yard. Tow it home, pull its engine ( if there is anything left to it), drop my 2wd 3.0 into it and call it good to go. What...
  5. Am I correct that the problem is the master cylinder?

I brake come to a complete stop and while putting pressure my foot eventually starts to sink down more. If i were to come to a complete stop and hold the pressure but make sure my foot doesnt sink the truck starts to roll... Im pretty sure this is my brakes master cylinder going bad correct...
  6. Please identify these parts for me!

Im going to apologize in advance for having to ask these questions. But can you identify these for me? First is a hose that came apart while squeezing my hands in to do my plugs and wires. When I plugged it back in i noticed this tear in it. It connects to the air box but I couldnt follow the...
  7. 92 rough idle

Hey all. My engine has had a rough idle for a little while now. It was not enough to bother me really. But I would like this truck to last. I started at the basic points. Cleaned the MAF, IAC, and Throttle body. New air filter. No vaccum leaks that I can find. Seafoam through the brake...
  8. regearing input

So I got 92 3.0 2wd ranger. I got it on 2" leveling coils and 235/75's. Currently it has 3.45 gears and is a slug the whole way around but whos gunning it on the freeway any ways? Long story short I take this truck out for climbing/camping. Im pedal to the floor in 4th to get through hill spots...
  9. head gasket/ head crack

I've got a 1992 3.0l and have had white smoke and moisture from the exhaust. My coolant level hasn't dropped from the overflow tank but I haven't driven far as I use truck to go camping/ rock climbing...it is not a daily driver. Im pretty sure my heads are cracked or need new head gaskets. Today...
  10. Head rebuild question

Ive got a 92 3.0 and was looking to do a head rebuild and replace all the gaskets from the heads up as well. That way I only strip my engine down once and get a bunch of work done. I don't want my truck to be out of commission to long and this is obviously more then a weekend job. I'm...
  11. power steering pump issue and possible wot relay issue

Long story short is was in the desert a couple weeks ago doing donuts and such just messing around and my power steering pump began whining and clunking when at full tilt in either direction. After letting the truck rest for a couple days the power steering pump stopped making the clunking...
  12. bumper interchange

Hey I searched and can't find a solid answer. Long story short I found an 88 ranger with front and rear tube bumpers made by smittybilt. I can't find part numbers so idk if they were modified as I'm pretty sure smitty didn't make bumpers for these year rangers. Will the frames/ bumper mounts on...
  13. Lift spindles on 2nd gen

I know no one makes 2nd gen lift spindles. My question is could they be used on a second gen 2wd? I assume no as i can't find an answer through the search functions... but am curious if anyone has looked further into this or even tried it also side not could spindles from larger trucks such as...
  14. 3.0L into a 4x4

I got a friend who may have a guy who wants to get rid of a 90 ranger 4x4 with 4" lift that doesnt run. I got a perfectly running 92 2wd 3.0. I was thinking about making him an offer on the truck. My idea is to drop my running no problem what so ever engine into the 4x4 obviously while the 4x4...
  15. Southern California Fabricators/Cutters

Hey all. I don't know if this should be in this section but I'll try it here. Im in Southern California and need my fenders cut. I do not have tools or expierence trimming fenders. I could take the truck to a shop but would rather have someone who owns a ranger and has trimmed fenders on them...
  16. getting ready for a new trans fluid change

Ive lurked around on the trans thread and have seen a good deal of comments remarking that mercon v is no good for m5 manual trans. I use mobil 1 extended performance 5w-30 engine oil wise...any ways I was reading a bottle of Mobil 1 synthetic ATF and says "It is recommended by ExxonMobil for...
  17. what axle to swap

Hey all this will be my first axle swap. I have a 92 sport 2wd. It has 7.5 with 3.45 for gears. I've got it leveled up front with new shocks the whol way around, 15x7's with 235's and now need to change my gears up. Obviously a rear axle swap is easier then the re-gearing. I know I need 4.10...
  18. Flex-a-lite fans any good?

Any one ever install one of these? do they keep our poor cooling rangers any cooler? I do alot of driving from beach life to desert camping...been trying to help keep my legal drinking age 92 ranger cooler on long trips at 100+ degrees.
  19. hubcentric or lug centric

Hey TRS I'm ordering my wheels today or tomm but want to verify with info I've read on these forums. my 92 RWD ranger is lug centric correct? which means when purchasing a wheel set I want wheels that under the spec that says hubcentric: I want it to say no correct? Thanks all.
  20. shocks question

Im going to be leveling ("1.5-2" coil) my 92 2wd ranger and was wondering what size shock to buy when I do the leveling. Obviously since the back isn't getting lifted I am getting the appropriate replacement shocks at stock size from an auto store. My question is on the front will using shocks...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad