• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Haywire6000

Drive Shaft

Does any one have a list of drive shaft lengths? Basically my 93 4x4 2.3 rear driveshaft slip yoke is worn out(Yay). Also the turbo may not have helped that, lol.
  2. Haywire6000

Won't rev past 4k

So just curious, my Dad has a 94 Ranger 4.0 Auto. No matter what you do it will not rev past 4000 in gear, even to the carpet from and stand still and going through the gears. Just wondering if any one else has seen this or if this is even normal.
  3. Haywire6000

Turbo VS NA

So as far as the difference in the turbo VS NA 2.3. What makes the lower compression ratio in the turbo motor? Is it the wrist pin height on the piston lower or is the head volume different? I can't actually find an answer at all.
  4. Haywire6000

Who gives your crap about driving a Ranger and why?

Title says it, for some reason I always seem to get hate for loving my Ranger. What are some reasons you get hated on? For the most part right now for me it's because I don't wheel a jeep. Turbo Ranger holds her own though! :headbang:
  5. Haywire6000

Leveling.

So I just installed a 1.5 leveling coil kit for my 1993 4x4. So the issue was that I hade 4 degrees of positive after, I bought some the moog 0-4 degree camber bushings, now I still have 2.5 degree of positive camber, what the hell am I missing??
  6. Haywire6000

Injector sources.

Is there anything other than the Tbirds that use the 36LB brown tops? Just wondering if I can find a set of injectors from something at the junk yard instead of buying a new set.
  7. Haywire6000

Fuel pump for 2.3T swap

I want to go with at least a 190LPH fuel pump for my ranger where as it has a 2.3t, but what will fit or what have you guys used that have upgraded the fuel pumps for your swap?
  8. Haywire6000

Best 28 spine 8.8 locker?

Looking to a lunchbox or automatic locker, like the trac lock. Just wondering if anybody has had better experiences with one over the other or what not.
  9. Haywire6000

Spline count

Does any one know if the ranger type 97 (8.8 open 4.10) is a 28 spline or a 31 spline? I have yet to get my hands on it so I can't check yet, just didn't know if some one knew....
  10. Haywire6000

Aftermarket Crank Position sensor bracket?

Does any one know if any one makes an aftermarket CPS bracket to convert to DIS? Just wondering(Didn't find anything online but you never know). I know I can tap the block and add one but still curious....
  11. Haywire6000

Replacement turbo for 87 2.3

What would you guys go with go for a replacement to the IHI? Mine is starting to leak oil on the exhaust housing side. I've been hearing okay things about ebay turbo's but open to suggestion.
  12. Haywire6000

Turbo Stuff

On my 87 Tbird engine, does any one know what type of flange the stock exhaust manifold have? I think it's a T3 but I could be wrong.
  13. Haywire6000

NA IAC vs Turbo IAC

Just wonder if any one knows if there is actually any difference between the Ranger NA Idle air control and the Tbird IAC. They are two different part numbers but that could just be because Ford wanted to charge more to turbo stuff.
  14. Haywire6000

Turbo 2.3 No Oxygen sensor cell.

So if I unplug any other sensor it will set a flashing cell(Like it's supposed to). But if I unplug the HEGO it doesn't trip a cell or even set a code(Checked codes). Just wondering if any one has had this issue.
  15. Haywire6000

One last issue.

Okay, so got the 87 TC engine in my 93. Some times it will run great and pull like a train and other times the thing just bogs over 3k. TPS is fine( .95 Resting with correct full sweep) Fuel pressure is fine under boost 50 PSI.(10 PSI of boost) I unhooked the 02 for kicks and that didn't set a...
  16. Haywire6000

Swap probs..

So I got my 87 TC engine in. Down side it looks like the ECM is bad and I have to injectors stuck closed. The computer I know is bad(No cell and she's getting hot). So it looks like my 87 2.3 uses the 35LB brown tops, any one one if anything else uses those besides the turbo 2.3?
  17. Haywire6000

Got my turbo 2.3

Got my turbo 2.3l a few days ago. :headbang: Came with all the sensors, large vam and LA2 ECU( manual boost controller) for $500. Guy I got it from said the engine was freshened up 2k ago. Going to pull the pan and take a look see to make sure everything looks okay. If so I plan on just...
  18. Haywire6000

Fuel pump

So those of you that have done the 2.3t swap, what are you running for a pump? I heard the ranger stock pump will be okay for the 2.3t ( Seems incorrect). But what are you peeps running??
  19. Haywire6000

87 Octane on TC Engine.

So I am going to swap in a 88 TC engine into my Ranger. I have that sorted out for the most part. The only question I have right now it that for the "premium"/"regular" fuel switch. On regular I know it drops boost to 10 ish PSI. My question is the regular mode made for 87? I can't find a...
  20. Haywire6000

Clutch

So the 88 tbird engine i'm getting takes is a 10 spline clutch. However where I am using the ranger transmission I assume I just get a clutch that fits the Ranger transmission input shaft? I'm 99.999% shore I just wanted some input to double check.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad