• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. tail shaft housing

I was told-by a bronco owner- that there is, or was, a problem with the tail shaft housing. I have a 95 2.3 2 wheel drive with the 4R44E trans while looking for the cause of a weird, intermitant vibration, I found a lot of play at the driveshaft/tailshaft connection. the seal is not leaking...
  2. o d light

my o d not engaged light comes on even though the truck is in o d. if I put it in neutral and turn it off/on, the light goes out...for a while. why? 95 xlt 2.3 2wd
  3. o d indicator ight

95 xlt 2.3 while driving, the overdrive off light will start flashing. it is still engaged but says it is not. if I put it in neutral, rolling or stopped, turn the key off and restart the light goes out...for a while. did this with previous-original- trans but stopped when 96 trans...
  4. no electrics

this morning the 95 xlt 2.3 auto started on the second try- first was just a click. at lunch it took several try with clicks before starting. again after work. stopped at parts store to buy fender mount relay. had to use a screwdriver to get going to get to the house/tools. same thing at the...
  5. 2 or 4 abs

NAPA sells rotors for 2 wheel abs and 4 wheels abs. how do I tell which my 95 ranger xlt has? 2.3 motor, auto trans, 2 wheel drive. also, does anything in the brake system affect the speedo/odometer? odo quit 2 weeks ago and speedo is cause for concern; it says 80 and i'm almost the slowest...
  6. no trans

96 2.3 auto I screwed up the torque converter when I was changing trannies. can I pull the bell housing off trans and put it on engine to mount starter to so can try to sell running motor?
  7. fuel pump maybe?

a bit over a year ago my 95 ranger w/ 2.3 and automatic started stalling out like it was out of fuel. let it sit for 5 minutes and it would start up-usually- and drive on. sometimes it would take a lot of cranking to get it going.. finally changed the fuel pump and the relay. 4 months ago it...
  8. button puller?

there are buttons that hold the interior panels in place instead of screws. what are they called and what is the tool that pops them out?
  9. interior light

95/96 ranger. how do I get the clear plastic cover off the interior light? I found a slot in the center of the lower edge but can not tell if there is a screw in there or if I just stick a screw driver in and pry.
  10. stalling

95 XLT 2.3 auto 2wd. last fall the truck started acting like I had bad gas. dropped tank; real clean. ok, new filter, fresh gas. still did it. suggestions included fuel pressure regulator and fuel pump. dropped tank again, new pump. problem gone (that's how I spent my Christmas morning) today...
  11. converter interchangability

I trashed the converter and shaft by not having the converter seated right before bolting the trannie in. the trans is for a '96 2.3 and is the 4R44E. as the trans is just a variant of the A4LD, will any A4LD converter and shaft fit? From any vehicle with the 'T' code on the door plate...
  12. auto trans trouble

have just swapped a a4l from a 96 2.3 ranger into my 95 2.3. while doing so, I damaged the converter-shaft is stuck in it- so I have 96 a4l with 95 converter. both trucks drove okay a month ago. having just finished the swap, the truck starts fine but makes no attempt to move. it has a...
  13. trans swap help needed

95 ranger 2.3 automatic I have removed the trans and put one from a 96 in. but when I tried to rotate the motor to put the converter/flywheel nuts on, the motor is locked up. can't turn it with the same 16 inch ratchet the I used when removing the nuts. if I loosen the bell housing to...
  14. flex plate/converter bolts

I've started pulling the auto trans out of my 96 ranger 2.3. I do not have a manual and this much cursed computer will not let me download one ('cause I barely know how to turn it on, let alone use it in a productive way) I do not see a way to get into the bell housing to unbolt the...
  15. trans swap

i have 2 rangers, both with 2.3s and auto trannies. I am about to pull the trannie out of the 96 to put it in the 95. looking under the hood, i think a snake would have a hard time getting to the upper bolts on the bell housing. are these accessible from underneath? will the trans slide...
  16. rag top

I have 2 series 3 rangers, a 95 and a 96. I would like to make one into a convertible. I did this years ago to a Toyota hi-lux and it was a fun truck. (the top was from ragtime mini and didn't fit right and they would not make good on it but that's beside the point) all the ads for tops seem...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad