• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Transmission whining noise

Can anybody help? I have a 2000 Ranger, 4X4, 3.0 engine. Vehicle just turned 100,000 miles. I have never had any problems with the truck and believe in periodic maint. Transmission was flushed and filter changed by Ford garage at about 90,000. I've noticed that when accelerating from a stop...
  2. Radiator Flush

I know the old adage, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it," but let's just say I'm trying to prevent problems. I have a 2000 Ranger, 3.0, and it seems to heat and cool just fine. I bought it used and have no idea if and when the previous owner ever, drained and refilled the cooling system. I...
  3. Shock Absorber bolt torque specs

I need to replace the shocks on my 2000, Ranger, 4X4, off road. I can't seem to find the proper bolt and top nut torque specs for when replacing the hardware. I've been told, "Just snug it up and that will do." I don't want to "Just snug it up," obviously there is a proper amount of torque to...
  4. The 'ol Check Engine Light-coincidence?

Any ideas? I have a 2000, Ranger with the 3.0, Flex-fuel engine-85,000 miles. The 3.0 has never been known as a "neck snapper," but mine seems to be getting slower and slower. However, it runs as smooth as a watch. There are-or were-no codes. I thought I would start with the easiest fix and...
  5. Bleeding Abs Brakes-some Help Please

I have a 2000, Ranger equipped with ABS. I'd like to bleed the brakes; you push on the brake pedal and you seem to push and push and the brakes suddenly grab. From all I've read, this is the classic symptom for air in the brakes, necessitating bleeding. However, all sites advise that bleeding...
  6. Is there a simple way to bleed ABS brakes?

I have a 2000 Ranger with ABS and I'm sure I need to bleed the brakes however, I'm not so sure after reading a few web sites just how easy that process would be. The problem: You take off and apply the brakes. You push down a bit on the brake pedal and then a little more. Then all of a...
  7. Help Me Find The Chirp--pleeease!!

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME? I HAVE A 2000 RANGER, 3.0, SUPER-CAB, 4X4 OFF-ROAD. THE TRUCK HAS 85K ON IT. THE FRONT END I'M SURE IS GETTING A BIT WORN. THE PROBLEM IS THAT NORMALLY, I DO NOT HEAR ANY WHAT I WOULD DESCRIBE AS SOUNDS RESULTING FROM WORN FRONT END EQUIPMENT. EXCEPT, WHEN BRAKING AT...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad