• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1987 2.9 won't start

I was driving my 87 ranger and it just shut off replaced the distributor, cap, rotor module on the distributor and coil still no spark coming from coil what could it be
  2. Sluggish and poor mpg

I have a bronco ii that has a Holley carb offy intake and msd ignition it's an automatic and it's just really sluggish and the mpg just sucks but the plugs are golden brown and it doesn't have cats it's an 84
  3. Cat removal

I have an 88 ranger and that catalytic converters have holes in them and I don't want to replace them because the truck has Over 180 thousand miles on it and I'm just going to use it to haul wood is there any adaptor pieces they make to adapt to the down pipe
  4. Rear hatch won't latch tight

The rear hatch door won't latch tight on the driver side I adjusted the striker pin and it's better but still rattles bad when you hit bumps and you can pull on the left side and pull it back out a little
  5. Heat kind sucks

I have an 84 bronco ii and the heat just kinda sucks with the blower motor speed set at like half way maybe a setting less it blows luke warm air at best but with the blower motor off it'll blow a little warmer heat what could cause this
  6. High idle

I have an 84 bronco ii it has an auto trans and it's got the 390 Holley swap and I have to set the idle up high because when I drop it into gear it'll shut off if I don't why is this
  7. Holley 390

How did you all set up your Holley four barrel on your 2.8 like what size jets and stuff
  8. coolant leak and running sluggish

i bought an 84 bronco 2 the other day has 72 thousand miles has the offey intake and holley 4 barrel and msd ignition and its an automatic. this thing is slow doesn't seem like it has that much power of the speedometer is really off has stock tires on it. also i have a coolant leak on the...
  9. New to me 84

I just bought an 84 bronco 2 it has a holley 4 barrel offy intake and a msd ignition its in awesome shape only has 72 thousand miles my question is what cfm should be on it it's kinda a dog I believe the carb is to big it doesn't stumble or sputter just a dog it is an auto
  10. 2.9 still pain in the butt

So my 88 ranger will stall out every now and again and run a little rough and when I go down the highway it'll like die for a second then come back or run like shit and I put the throttle to the floor and it'll straighten out. I was told maybe the throttle position sensor how would I check this
  11. 1988 ranger cat problems

I have holes in my cats and I want to replace it with just a straight pipe for the time being I can't afford the cats right not so I was wondering if they make a pipe with that weird flange that bolts straight to the down pipe
  12. 1988 ranger stalls out

The truck runs perfect when going to work it's been between 34 and 45 this week but on the way home it'll start to act like it's going to die then it'll buck maybe just a little the shuts off while driving them comes back on and the whole rest of the way home it's fine then today I was at a...
  13. 1988 re gear

I've got 235 75 r15's on my ranger and it is sluggish it has 3.45 gears should I re gear to 3.75's or is it not worth it it's got a 2.9 with a 5 speed and it was sluggish before the bigger tires
  14. 1988 ranger speaker placement

I'm looking for places to put the speakers in my ranger it's an ext cab and I have the back ones in but not sure where to put my front ones I can't put them in the dash because they are to big would the door or kick panels be ok and if I put them in the doors will the water coming into the door...
  15. Sluggish 2.9

I have an 88 ext cab 5 speed with the 2.9 it has 3.45 gears in it with 185xxx miles on it and it seems pretty sluggish and weak It only has 235 75 r15's on it it hasn't been driven rough and I just did a tune up on it and this was happen before the tune up too, anyone else ever ran into this...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad