• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Josh P

1991 2.9 manual ranger rough idle and dies

Pull the rubber hose off the brake booster and bend it to kink the hose. If the hissing sound goes away you need a new booster.
  2. Josh P

I have a 1990 ford ranger and i swapped a manual in

You have unrelated issues. Does your engine have a maf sensor? Did you get a manual ecm? It will run with the auto but sometimes if you push the clutch in, the rpm will drop fast and the motor can die if you are coasting. I don't like to install the clutch pedal position sensor, if you ever get...
  3. Josh P

1991 2.9 manual ranger rough idle and dies

Does that hissing sound seem loudest near the vacuum booster?
  4. Josh P

HELP. I have a problem with my 86 ranger 2.9 not running right

If the ecm is original, it's old enough to have issues. I'd suggest after verifying the wiring is ok, if not resolved to get a spare ecm from a junk yard. 86-87 with the same trans will interchange.
  5. Josh P

Bronco or Bronco 2?

Yeah, that's a good way to get shot.
  6. Josh P

2.3L ('83-'97) Swap head from 2.3 ignition coil packs (8 plugs)to a distributor !(4 plug) 2.3

I seen a 2.3 ranger with a dual plug head. The guy mounted a V8 distributor on it's side and used a cog belt.
  7. Josh P

Another 1977 Pinto

I'll dig out the receipt and post the information when I find it
  8. Josh P

Another 1977 Pinto

I've seen a few yards with old stuff. There's one in Farmington, NM. When they pull parts, they take the time to actually pull the parts so they can sell as much of the vehicle as possible. I needed a gas tank for my Merkur XT4TI and they had a rust free one sitting in the yard. Up on a hill...
  9. Josh P

Battery size?

I built a battery tray for my 87 ranger and run a group 31 battery. Largest CCA I've used was 1200. If you forgot to turn the headlights off Friday night, it would still start Monday morning. Take a week for the stock alternator to charge the battery doing normal short trips around town.
  10. Josh P

What is the widest tire that will fit

What would you suggest then? I'll have 15 inch rotors up front so I need at least an 18 inch wheel. I'm planning a V8 swap so I need a tire wider than a pizza cutter. As far as a awd transfer case not lasting long in this application, the np242 in the hummer holds up fine behind the power of...
  11. Josh P

2005 4.0L into a 1990 Ranger

I'd use the 90-91 4.0 ohv ecm and wire it like an ohv engine.
  12. Josh P

Wish we could get this here...

Next, we'll discuss color options and what speakers are best.
  13. Josh P

87 ranger 4x4 engine swap HELP

I'm not a fan of the A4LD. I've had enough of them leave me walking. It's basically similar amount of work, and wiring to swap a 5.0 in as it is a 4.0. Then you have the option to use a stronger transmission, or one with more gears.
  14. Josh P

I need help with crank pulley bolt

That corded impact is useless. You could oil up the threads on head bolts, spin them in with 2 fingers and it still wouldn't back them out.
  15. Josh P

To my 93 year old friend, that was yesterday.
  16. Josh P

A 2008 regular cab 2wd ranger was under $15k new the supercab was $1k more. If you go back 40 years the same style truck was $3,500 new
  17. Josh P

Not too far into the past, a stripped down truck would have been $10-15k new off the lot.
  18. Josh P

4.0 OHV blowby, next steps

5.0 swap is needed
  19. Josh P

Transmission swap.

NP435 has been done, it would be my choice for something that will be beat on.
  20. Josh P

What do you think of this persons 02 ranger ad ??

A full production year prototype. He could have used the term rare and asked for more money.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad