• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 01 2.3 Paylaod Capacity

Hey, all. Just wondering if someone out there knows what the payload capacity in the bed is for my 2.3L 2wd regular cab shortbox Ranger is. 5-speed manual. I've tried looking at various websites and can't pin down a number. The reason I ask and the reason it's "urgent" is because my dad wants...
  2. Ranger XL modified with Edge bumper

I've been making/thinking about making some minor changes to my truck cosmetically lately. I have a red base XL model, with the rinky-dink mirrors, solid rear window, gray plastic grille, and gray bumpers. I've been thinking about finding an Edge trim front bumper and installing that, but I want...
  3. Driveshaft vibration dampener? Something is loose...

Got a question for you guys. I was driving this weekend and under harder braking and turning, heard this noise that sounded like I was dragging a muffler or something. Got out and looked a few separate times, nothing. Got home and starting tapping things with a hammer underneath, and found that...
  4. LSD swap on 01 2.3 RWD

Hey guys, I'm curious about what it would take to do a limited-slip differential swap in my 01. I have the 4-cylinder and only RWD, the truck is really basic and I'm pretty sure I have an open diff. Are there any articles or previous threads about swaps to LSD? And what would be a ball-park...
  5. 2001 2.3L code P0171

That's interesting. I'd think that if it were running lean, it wouldn't be putting enough gas into the system at all, whereas running rich would just be dumping it in. But that makes sense. So do you think mine is triggering just because of the cold? Like I said, it only seems to happen on...
  6. 2001 2.3L code P0171

I have the same truck, 2001 with the 2.3L, and I've had the same code set off my Check Engine light as well. The thing is it only seems to trigger on really cold mornings (0F). Is there any correlation there? Maybe moisture creating a short in a sensor somewhere? The truck doesn't seem to run...
  7. 2001 Blower dial & leaves in cowl

I have an issue with the dial for where my heat is directed. It seems like changing the position doesn't actually do anything. The cab gets warm, but as far as I can tell, the air is only coming out of the defrost at the base of the windshield. I've checked out other threads in this forum, but...
  8. 2.3L Thermostat Location

Hey guys, I'm looking to replace my radiator, apparently it leaks coolant out the bottom of the driver's side when it's revved up a little (I'm guessing it has to do with increased pressure or something.) Anyway, my coworker that helps me with a lot of the mechanical fixes said we should be...
  9. Instrument Panel Lights

Hey, guys. Just wondering if anybody knows how involved it would be to replace a light in the instrument panel. One of the lights behind my speedometer burned out, and I've never replaced a light there. I've done just about every other light. Any help would be appreciated. Jayson
  10. Winter Tires and Odometer

Hey, all, With winter just about here, I've been looking into winter tires for my truck. Right now I have 15" 225s, and I'm wondering if changing to 215s would affect my odometer or speedometer. My coworker has some 215s with 75% tread I may buy. To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what all of...
  11. Locate Coolant Leak

I have a similar problem with my 2001 2.3. Coolant gets sprayed out of the driver's side somewhere and goes down the driver's side of the radiator and into the tray that holds the battery, but I can't find any actual hole in a hose. Is there one that might be the culprit?
  12. Aftermarket Cruise Install

Hey, guys I've been thinking about getting aftermarket cruise control installed in my truck as it didn't come with it stock and it definitely comes in handy on the highway. I'm wondering if anybody knows how involved it is and whether it'd be a DIY type project or something I should just leave...
  13. Shaking and Vibrating into Cab

I have a question for the mechanically-inclined out there. I'm posting it in the Urgent Help section because I plan on driving from Madison to the Twin Cities in Minnesota next week and would like to get it resolved asap. If there is a more appropriate area for me to post, let me know. For...
  14. Greetings from Madison, WI

Hello, all My name is Jayson, and I'm new to the forum, just signed up earlier tonight. I have a 2001 Ranger XL, just about as bare-bones as you can get. Name an option, and I don't have it. But I like things simple that way. I joined partly because I've been having some mechanical issues...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad