• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. a 99 3.0 flex fuel in a 98 12v non flexfuel

Hi I just would like to know if I can drop in a flex fuel motor in my truck (non flex fuel) & have it run right is everything the same would it work on just regular gas? I found a deal on a whole parts truck with 143k rotted frame for cheap money so if it could work it'd be awesome thanks in...
  2. Rough Idle need help tried just about everything

Hi guys, Just picked up a 98 4wd ranger my 4th ranger. throwing code p0303 it has a rough idle but when driving theres no misfire or anything just at idle. ive replaced the following -Plugs -Wires -Coil pack -mass air flow -cleaned IAC now heres where it gets confusing i can pull the cyl 3...
  3. 4wd control module compatibility

I picked up a 2001 ranger 4wd and the lights for 4wd do not come on the dash when starting the truck so I removed the computer for 4wd (behind the kick panel contacts were rusty and one broke off so that module is junk...) bought a control module off a 2002 explorer plugged it in and the same...
  4. 4.0 vs 2.5l in the reliability common issues ?

hello everyone, i have a quick question, i am looking to buy another ranger since my 1999 rotted out to the point where it was unsafe it was a 2.5l 5 speed im looking to replace it with a 1999 4.0l 5 speed 4x4 the frame is spotless on this one. i have searched and cant find a straight up...
  5. 4x4 shocks on 2wd

Hi, are there any benefits to the 4x4 shocks on the 2wd suspension, does it add any bit of a lift, i know the 4x4 are longer than the 2wd, yes i have searched but could not find a straight up answer.. thank you
  6. Hi everyone wanting to add another ranger to the family need help

We'll right now I have a 1999 2.5l 4'cyl , and My brother wants a 96 3.0l it has 85k automatic.. I have a 3.0 1992 Taurus with 54k automatic with no problems So it boils down to this How reliable is the 3.0l Vulcan How reliable is the tranny How much life will this truck give him if it's as...
  7. Mid pipe question

Hello everyone. I have a 99 2.5l 5 speed ranger, mid pipe( pipe that connects off headers) is rusted and has a hole. A buddy has a 97 2.3l totaled and wants to sell me the mid pipe off that... Will it be a direct for, has anyone heard of this before? Any help would be appreciated Thanks in...
  8. hi everyone quick question regarding an 01 ranger

Hi everyone, my name is moe, never owned a ranger but lately since my car died ive been looking at them, what ive found is theres an 01 Ranger 4 cyl 2.3l, 5 speed for sale near me, it has 236k miles on it, guy wants a thousand says underneath is not rotted but has surface rust. its 2wd btw which...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad