• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. phatcap

pinion seal

i need to replace the pinion seal on my truck. i've read into it and it seems beyond my level of experience, especially if its to be done the right way (by replacing the crush sleeve). it sounds pretty technical and i don't want to f anything up. so how much should i expect to pay to have this...
  2. phatcap

power steering pulley issue

i recently upgraded my serpentine belt to a goodyear gatorback and noticed when installing it that my power steering pump pulley does not spin freely like all the other pulleys. it was making a squealing noise before so i figured it was the belt (needed replaced anyway). now i'm thinking it is...
  3. phatcap

clutch pedal issue

my clutch pedal sticks when i push it all the way to the floor. how can i remedy this?
  4. phatcap

hearing engine through radio

whenever i listen to AM radio and the truck is running, i can hear static pops that increase and decrease with the rpms. when the truck is off its clear as a bell. it seems like i've heard something about this before, something to do with the plug wires? what causes this and is it a problem or...
  5. phatcap

mustang dome light installed

i got a mustang dome light with the black housing. here it is installed. i think it looks pretty sweet and its a plug n' play for 2003 and older rangers (if you can get the old one off that is! i broke mine in the process. :annoyed: oh well) its also a little brighter than the old one. on a...
  6. phatcap

finally got pics

well, i finally got a photobucket so i can share some pics of my ride. might not look like much, but i've done a lot to it since discovering TRS. thanks everybody and let me know what you think. :icon_cheers: need new wheels...and to get rid of the ugly gap between the tires and the fenders...
  7. phatcap

anyone in MI lookin' for a turbo donor car?

i found this ad in the michigan auto & rv magazine. keep in mind, i'm not selling it, i just thought someone on here might be interested. believe me, if i had the $ and a place to do the swap, i would buy it myself! 1988 FORD THUNDERBIRD. Turbo. 140,000 mi., 4 cyl., new brakes, 25+ mpg, runs...
  8. phatcap

camber adjuster question

why is it necessary to buy new camber bolts for the upper control arms when lowering the front end? the stockers already have them. will they not work with the djm arms? or is it just the obvious reason of new arms = new hardware? kinda sucks to have to spend another $50 on 4 bolts ya know...
  9. phatcap

stock wheels with 4/5 drop

i know this has probably already been covered somewhere, but i couldn't find specifics so i apologize for that. anyway, i'm getting ready to do the drop and i was wondering, do you think my stock wheels will rub in the front? they are 225/70/r15 which is about 27.4" diameter. i really can't...
  10. phatcap

static drop?

what does this term mean?
  11. phatcap

pinion angle after lowering

i'm looking to do the complete DJM 4/5 drop on my 2000. it comes with upper/lower control arms, springs, rear flip kit, and shocks all around. i was wondering about pinion angle. am i going to have to make any adjustments to that after the drop? and if i do, what is involved in the process? i...
  12. phatcap

mpgz

i get 25-27 city, 30 highway pretty consistently. that's after new plugs, wires, fuel filter, oil change (full synthetic), cleaning the IAC and throttle body, and making sure the tires are inflated properly of course...oh yeah, it's a 5-speed manual btw.
  13. phatcap

crankcase breather hose

i was changing my oil today and while it was draining i decided to do a quick check of all the hoses/vacuum lines. i discovered the crankcase breather or vent hose (i think that's what it's called) was all cracked and deteriorating. it's an 8" long 15/32" inside dia. hose with a bend in it that...
  14. phatcap

tie rod troubles

just did my outer tie rods a couple weeks ago cuz the boots were looking pretty bad. got an alignment after that. i went on a road trip to tennessee and back (i live in michigan, about 500 mi.) and discovered the driver side one's boot was completely ripped in half! wtf! i've been having uneven...
  15. phatcap

ford is officially weird...

i de-badged my truck today and noticed something funny about the little pins on the back of the badges that go into the fender holes. for one, one is bigger than the other (?) and two, one is metal and the other is the plastic that the emblem is made of. what's more is that on the driver side...
  16. phatcap

silly question...

when talking about the 2.3 and 2.5 Lima engines, how is Lima pronounced? is it lie-muh like the bean or lee-muh? i know they're named for the city in ohio where they were built, just don't know the correct way to say it.
  17. phatcap

brake issue

my brakes work fine except for one thing. lets say i have to slam on the brakes and there are some bumps in the road. they work fine until i hit the bumps and the wheels bounce. after that, they get kinda spongy and i can hear a clicking sound that starts fast and slows down as the wheels slow...
  18. phatcap

diff between side exit & str8 back?

i got a catback exhaust setup for my 2000 2.5L. this is probably a stupid question, but i was wondering if there would be a difference between the side exit or going straight out the back. it came with side exit behind the rear tire and the tip welded to it. i wanted to cut the tip off and...
  19. phatcap

bitten by the bug...

hey everyone. i'm new to the site, but i've owned my ranger for a couple years now. just recently i was looking to do some maintenance (plugs, wires, fuel filter, pcv, etc...) and stumbled upon this site and others while looking for tips on changing the plugs and dealing with the fuel line...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad