• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. TayCo 7s

help finding the ecu for my motor

hey can anybody help me find the correct ecu for my motor is there a site or something... all i got for info. is that my motor is from a 97 explorer 4.0 sohc ... but theres a whole bunch of difrent ones i hear. i have tried a couple from the same vehicle and they dont work. the motor just cranks...
  2. TayCo 7s

pcm ecu help identify

i got a 1997 ford explorer motor from the junkyard they didnt have the pcm for it .. i have tried a two.. one will make the motor start but misses and backfires and the other one doesnt give me spark..is there a way of knowing exactly wich on goes with this motor
  3. TayCo 7s

dont go to the baja 1000

warning dont go to the baja 1000 i strongly advice this ... we went to the 2009 baja 1000 and well this was the result and my friend screaming i didnt spill my beer i was haulin butt behind my friends and i couldnt see the trail , i decided to slow down and then slam i somehow clipped a real...
  4. TayCo 7s

Installing tail light on fiberglass bedside

I have been driving for the past year missing one tail light. i had a 89 taillight zip tied to a tiedown in the back off my bed. i woke up today and decided to polish of my hangover and start the new year with my truck in one piece This is the way i installed my tail lights on my fiber glass...
  5. TayCo 7s

popping and backfiring during acceleration

hey need some help.. im gonna sell my ranger but i dont want to put it up for sale until i fix this dumb problem it got a couple months ago. when i accelerate hard it makes a intake noise almost like if it had a cold air intake but its all stock it also pops and backfires trough the intake...
  6. TayCo 7s

dipstick

well the part thats broken is the yellow plug that you use to pull it out i have some duct tape(to seal it) and a piece of wire(to pull the dipstick out) ... but im not sure how deep it goes cause the yellow piece is the one that worked as a limiter ´cause its like a plug. no junkyards have...
  7. TayCo 7s

and whats wrong with this ibeam

whats wrong with this ibeam:icon_idea: hint ... CRS Race Shop Technologie :icon_surprised:
  8. TayCo 7s

t5 on 4.0 sohc done..

well i had talked about getting the t5 stuck on my 4.0 sohc and finally got it done... havent adapted the external slave cilinder to eliminate the cable yet... it wasnt easy had to get a part sent to the lathe shop twice, and the clutch wasnt the right one soo it was a lil dificult but well...
  9. TayCo 7s

7stock build

hey how is evryone doin. here are my class 7s build pics from the shop i took today. front end is built with shock mounts , motor runnin, flywheel and clutch installed and t5 hooked up the 4.0 sohc. long way to go .. i will keep it up to date if i can and if anybody wants to follow the build...
  10. TayCo 7s

Before the 4 inch lift......

i got no catalytic crap or nothing on my truck just straight pipe to a flowmaster with a small stinger pointing down to the ground and the truck sounds soo bitchen a 3k rpm. soo i would recomend a normal flowmaster..from experience. and for intake i got a custom pipe running from the throttle...
  11. TayCo 7s

dipstick

does anybody have a dipstick for sale (2.3 duratec ´02) mine is broken and cant get an exact reading... also need the base where the stick sits on and goes trough to get to the pan , mine is bent,,,:bawling:
  12. TayCo 7s

alternator, steering pump ohv sohc

does anybody know if the alternator, power steering pump, and ac pump from a 4.0 ohv will fit on the sohc?
  13. TayCo 7s

good deal?

hey a friend is selling me 4 bfgoodrich baja´s 15x35 they have been grooved or notched w.e you wanna call it two are grooved for the front and two for the rear. 3 are 3/4 life on is 1/2 75 dllrs each... good deal what yall think how much are they going where you live
  14. TayCo 7s

need radiator help from v8 dudes

hello, merry xmas, happy new year here is what i want to do: i want to slap an old brass v8 radiator into my "new" off road ranger class 7s project with 4.0, the guys at the shop did it in their truck and it runs like a champ, it has never overheated the 4.0 L in the desert. soo the question...
  15. TayCo 7s

where do i post radiator topics

where should i post radiator topics, questions or whatever related to cooling :icon_confused: i looked and looked /. didnt see anything for that.. should it go in with heating and ac?
  16. TayCo 7s

EFI convertion to carb

hi everyone. what do you guys think. my friends at the local lathe shop were turning a 4.0 sohc to carb. but they dropped the project, i think it didnt work or at least they werent able to make it work.. i think that it wouldnt perform as good.. thats what i think. what would the ups and...
  17. TayCo 7s

Running over a Dog

hi guys i didnt run over a dog okay. i was wondering what peoples opinions are on this subject. if you or someone runs over a dog and you witness it what should you do ? help the dog? .. how? kill the dog soo it doesnt suffer? walk away.. or drive away etc.
  18. TayCo 7s

Ford Rough Riders

these 2 first ones are the new project except their not exactly up to date. it already has the motor, trany,coil spring and the tube front end is partially done ill take a pic if i get home from work with daylight, the 3rd is a local race of a friends truck i was ridin co pilot. the rest are...
  19. TayCo 7s

Downside of the 2.3l duratec?

yes sir ! my truck runs good in the lows :icon_thumby: nothing bad to say about it exept the thermostat screwed up but i pulled it and runs great
  20. TayCo 7s

Downside of the 2.3l duratec?

if this helps i have a ´02 ranger 2.3 duratec with 33´s and let me tell you the truck keeps on suprising me i love it it has cold air intake and a flowmaster itll cherp the tires in third once in a while

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad