• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Lil2much

Will a locked up transmission prevent crankshaft from turning?

Thanks for the suggestions. The 2.9l did move the truck while the trans was drained, also put into reverse during the move. I have not been able to get the crank to turn. The engine originally ran fine but has sat for a few years, hard to believe it would lock up. I guess my only option is...
  2. Lil2much

Will a locked up transmission prevent crankshaft from turning?

2.9l with and A4LD, crank will not turn. The transmission ran in gear about 20 feet while the tranny oil was drained. I assume its shot, however now I am unsure how to remove it. The crank will not turn with the plugs pulled. Is there a way to verify the motor is still ok? Also, any direction...
  3. Lil2much

Starter & flywheel line up

I have a 1988 ford ranger automatic that the PO switched out from a 2.3 to what I believe is a 2.9 (says 2.9 on throttle body). It has ran great for 3 years. The starter started grinding last week and pulled it off to find minor flywheel wear. I filed it in the one area of the flywheel that had...
  4. Lil2much

Opinions needed - best ranger 4x4?

Had 4 rangers in my life but never a 4x4. I plan on using my tax money next month to look into purchasing one. I'd love some opinions on different years and models of Rangers to help me narrow down a type to be looking for. I tend to favor first and second gens, but im open to whatever. I want...
  5. Lil2much

4" rear flip adjustable shock

Makes sense. If I am too far off, would I be able to move to upper shock mount to a suitable area by remounting/welding? Think that would be putting too much of an angle on the shock? Im comfortable with my welding ability if its plausible.
  6. Lil2much

driver passengerside
  7. Lil2much

Dropped the front already, wanna do the 4" flip for the rear. Anyone know if this drop will limit the adjustable range for my gabriel adjustable shock set-up? I still want to haul light to medium size loads and being able to adjust height with air also a big plus.
  8. Lil2much

1988 Danger Ranger

1988 Danger Ranger [/URL][/IMG] Bought for $800 from a neighbor after her father the owner deceased. Runs great, all stock except they had swapped out engine to a 2.9l. Bought to revive, practice tinkering on and just flat out becuz they are bad ass. Best part, almost no rust. Plans are to drop...
  9. Lil2much

2/0 drop issue

Lol that pic, theres a guy in my welding class with one of those extreme camber cars, Im guessin he has his own tire machine and plenty of money to waste on tires... I may play around with the back stance later on but Im happy with it for now as long as i get this camber straight. I ordered...
  10. Lil2much

2/0 drop issue

After
  11. Lil2much

2/0 drop issue

Before
  12. Lil2much

2/0 drop issue

After
  13. Lil2much

2/0 drop issue

Before
  14. Lil2much

2/0 drop issue

xN07xH311x Wish i coulda seen the pic b4 it was removed, im a curious person. Cant find anything from napa or o'reilly for my 88 that will adjust to 3.5*. Guess im just gonna grab up the 2 1/4* and hope it gets close enough for the trouble. I dont drive this thing every day, really just wanted...
  15. Lil2much

2/0 drop issue

Really appreciate the quick replys. I almost knew Id end being given a hard time around this rural area with a dropped suspension adjustment. I really dont want to have to buy the beams but looking at the truck you can clearly see the camber issue. The shops findings were -2.83 Left & -2.20...
  16. Lil2much

2/0 drop issue

Have 88' Ranger that I recently replaced tie rods/ suspension on. I decided to drop the front end and bought lowering springs and shocks as described on this site here: http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/suspension_drop.shtml The write-up states that I should be ok with the 2" drop...
  17. Lil2much

dropping a ranger gen 1

Just signed up and makin rounds. Picked up a 88 gen1 the other day, she runs good and with no rust. First thing i want to do is drop the front using the belltech 2" lower springs, im guessin i also need the lowering shocks. Could anybody help me out as to any other parts i may need i like to...
  18. Lil2much

Greetings from Bumpass

Ahoy ahoy from VA, excited about getting started on a build. Recently picked up a 88 gen1 with little to no rust. Ive owned a few and love the trucks but this will be my first attempt at a dedicated build cant wait to get started:icon_welder:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad