• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Torque converter rebuild

Had the trans out on my 98 Ranger 4x4 so I figured I would replace the torque converter while I had it out. I came across someone here in s MD who rebuilds them. Great person to deal with. Bad ass machine shop . Showed me how its done, cut it open in front of me and explained the procedure. Gave...
  2. Tonyd from s Md

I have been using the forum for some time and just want to say thanks to everyone that helped me with my engine and trans install. Im 54 and still get on my back doing the repairs and maintenance. Its just been small repairs up until the head went in the truck and decided to replace the engine...
  3. band adjustment 4r44e

I have been reading in my searches that the band adjustment is overdrive 2 out and intermediate 2.5 out. This morning getting ready to go fight this beast again (installing the 4r44e) I was reading the tech article on the 4r44e and it stated that the band adjustment is 1.5 out for both. Before I...
  4. flex plate question

Im getting ready to install my transmission after my 3.0 engine swap and left the crank to flexplate bolts loose. The flexplate was held on with 6 bolts and a washer that was marked #3 with the old engine. The replacement engine had the same setup but the large washer is marked #1. The one...
  5. Torque converter question

After pulling the trans on my 98 4x4 ranger when I didn't tighten the flexplate bolts, Im having trouble seating the torque converter the three stages thats needed. I have got it all the way on a couple of times and when I did, spinning the tc it felt like it was rumbling. On the second stage...
  6. Recent 3.0 engine swap

My first engine swap went well until I started the engine. I have a bunch of chattering coming from the trans area. I pulled the starter and the tops of the teeth are nicked up. I need to remove the flexplate and tc and start over. My question is. would it be easier to move the trans back or...
  7. engine swap problems

installed a 99 3.0 into my 98 ranger. When swapping parts from old motor to the new, I used the flexplate from the 98 on the 99 engine. One was stamped 1 and the other was stamped 3. Starting the engine its making a raspy chattering noise. Could the swap of the flexplates be the problem? Could...
  8. Help with a flexplate question

installed a 99 3.0 into my 98 ranger. When swapping parts from old motor to the new, I used the flexplate from the 98 on the 99 engine. One was stamped 1 and the other was stamped 3. Starting the engine its making a raspy chattering noise. Could the swap of the flexplates be the problem? Could...
  9. Flexplate questions

Moved to 3.0 forum suggested by the soup natzi. sorry
  10. 98 3.0 swap update not good

What did I do wrong? Started truck after a perfect engine swap and a dreaded grinding noise from the trans. When the engine was out, I rotated the torque converter several revolutions while pushing in and it didn't move in at all so I thought it was seated. If it wasn't seated I thought when I...
  11. Vacuum line on fuel rail regulator 98 3.0

Just finished installing an engine and every thing went well. One thing I missed was what attaches to the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail . There is a nipple and I cant locate what goes on it. Is it a vacuum line? Where will the line be coming from? Headed to get some fluids to see if...
  12. Manifold to exhaust pipe bolts

98 ranger 3.0 Just installed engine and need to replace 4 manifold to down pipe bolts. Local dealer only had two so I didn't buy any. He quoted $10 a bolt. Are these some special bolts or will my local True value bolts do the trick. Never replaced them before so Im not sure wether to buy from...
  13. Whats the trick in getting the starter out.

Im swapping engines and everything is going well due to all the help from the forum. When removing the starter from my 98 xlt auto 4x4 I couldn't find a place to remove the starter. I was on the ground, on my back and didn't see any place to remove it. Leaving it unbolted laying on something, I...
  14. Time to pull old engine

I have my replacement motor and the old is ready to come out. What are the steps to separate the trans from the engine. Any special tools? Everything is off the engine but exhaust and trans. What is the sequence from here? I heard the engine run and the seller said he installed the engine 1-2...
  15. Replacing a 98 3.0 engine

Been lurking for yrs and you guys have been great keeping my 98 4x4 Ranger truck running . Time to swap my tired engine. I found a rebuilt 99 3.0 4x2 and was wondering if it was a direct fit. Im thinking about doing it myself if its not to complicated. Are there any problems I might run into and...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad