• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. LordVngr

Where's the water going

Hey guys, It's been awhile since I been on here But i still hasve my ranger and I've gotten a pretty perplexing issue I wanted to run by you guys. I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but here goes. I have a 1989 ranger sc 4x4 with the 2.9 liter v-6 in it. I believe It also has the late...
  2. LordVngr

How big a trailer can I pull with my ranger

Hey guys Questions for you. I'm toying with the idea of buying a trailer to go camping with and wondering how big a trailer can I pull with my ranger. I have a 1989 Supercab ranger 4x4 with a 5 speed 2.9 liter V6. It also has a 3.73 limited slip rearend in it. The truck has a class 3...
  3. LordVngr

Help me save my Ranger - Rusty Roof

Hi I need some advice from you guys on what I should do with my ranger. I just dont know what the best option is. I have a 1989 Ranger STX 4x4 supercab with all the options ford offered in that year including the high rider suspension. I've own the truck about 10 years now and would like to...
  4. LordVngr

Questions about Seat belts

I've got this issue with the seat belts in my 89 ranger that I'm pretty sure is a problem and Not Working As Designed. The thing is I dont know how to confirm this or whats causing it. The problem is that the shoulder harness belt doesnt seem to catch/snag like it should on a hard forward...
  5. LordVngr

Using a Explorer Blower Motor on a Ranger

Well I had the A/C Completely rebuilt on my 89 Ranger SC a couple of months ago. " Everything " was changed out with New parts and the system charged with 134a. My A/C blows Cold but the amount of actual air moved by the blower motor doesnt seem very much compared to say my wifes 2000...
  6. LordVngr

High Rider / Sport Rider Suspensions and Lift Kits

Hey Guy's I got a 89 STX 4x4 Supercab with what's known as a Sport Rider Suspension. While Not Technically a High Rider it seems to be the Same Exact Suspension. I used This Link as a Reference. My sales brochure also talks about 21 unique components and when I compare my trucks suspension...
  7. LordVngr

Dual gas tanks in a Ranger ????

I didnt see any other place to post this so I'm posting it here. In looking thru the body parts section at LMC Trucks I noticed up to 88 you can buy a bedside panel that has Dual fuel openings in it. I was very suprised by this as I have never seen a dual tank option on a Ranger, Any Ranger...
  8. LordVngr

Fair price to replace entire A/C system

I've decided to get my A/C system fixed on my 89 Ranger since I plan on keeping the truck awhile. So last week I took it to several shops for a estimate. I also wanted to get it converted over to R134a while I was at it. The First thing I was told was that it Supposedly has Dealer installed...
  9. LordVngr

Dumb AC Question and dealer installed AC

Ok, Soooo How do I take this off With This I just Dont Get It. I Also found out that I have Dealer Installed AC. Check out my hose connections. The condenser hose's use the same type clamp. Is that going to hold up to the pressure of R-134a. I was pissed when I found...
  10. LordVngr

Automatic or manual for towing

So I'm looking at the spec sheet up here on 08 rangers and I see something that makes no sense to me. On the spec sheet it ahows that a 4.0 4x4 ranger with a manual has a max tow capacity of about 3150 to 3250 lbs. Same setup but with a automatic is rated at about 5600 lbs. Thats a Big...
  11. LordVngr

Pulling Codes - Total Newbie

I would like to pull the codes on my 89 ranger just to SEE what comes up and I have never done that before. I'm not even sure I can do it on a 89 with a scan tool. Truck is a supercab with a 2.9. I looked in the tech library and checked out the illustration but it's not much help for me. Exactly...
  12. LordVngr

Power door locks dont work

Power door locks dont work - Duplicate - Please delete I have power door locks on my 89 Stx But they have Never worked since day one and I'd like to get them fixed. When you press the switch nothing happens at all. I've checked what fuses I know of and those are ok. Havent done any...
  13. LordVngr

Man, Sure do like those F-250 super dutys with the Diesel motor

I've owned my ranger about 8 years now and will probably own it for at least 3 to 5 more years BUT if I was going to get another car or truck there would be only one that I would want. and that would be a F250 SD with the diesel motor. It would be diesel or I wouldnt own it. I'd really like...
  14. LordVngr

Should I buy it or not. Decisions, Decisions

So I got a 89 STX Supercab 4x4 with a 2.9 v6 and a 5 speed manual tranny. My truck also has the Electronic push button transfer case. I'm pretty satisfied with my driveline now and dont really take the truck 4 wheeling. I would like to be able to tow a boat or 20-25 foot travel trailer in the...
  15. LordVngr

What Tranny is in it?

I'm thinking of buying a 1994 Explorer with a 4.0 and Manual tranny to swap into my 89 Stx and replace the current 2.9 and 5 speed. Any idea of what type of manual transmission is in the explorer. LV
  16. LordVngr

Towing with a 2.9L V-6 Ranger

So I got a 89 STX Ranger Supercab 4X4 with a 2.9L V-6 and a 5 speed Manual tranny. The truck also has a class 3 trailer hitch. How big of trailer or boat do you think I could reasonably tow using the above setup. Could I tow a 22-25 foot travel trailer in the 3600lb range. What about a boat...
  17. LordVngr

Door closer and fit

On my 89 Stx when I close the doors they close but there not Snug. they move a little if I push in on them. I think the hinges are fine and they probably just need adjusting. I played around adjusting the Stud in the door piller and got it to where it would close Snug but you damm near had to...
  18. LordVngr

Power door locks dont work

The power door locks on my 89 STX have Never Worked. I've checked the fuses and those are good. What's the most common problem with ranger door locks and where should I start looking. Is it the Actuator in the door. Them parts are Expensive and since it's Electrical I'd hate to buy and try it...
  19. LordVngr

General AC Question's

I've owned my 89 STX for about 8 years now and when I bought it the a/c worked for about the first year. They probably just loaded it up with R-12 back then. Hasnt blown cold since then. Since I plan on keeping the truck for awhile I'd like to bring the a/c back to like when it was New and...
  20. LordVngr

Intermitten Blower motor problems

Hi I got a 89 STX that I'm slowley fixing up and I got a issue with the blower motor. Some times it work and sometime it doesnt. When It does work it works at all the different speeds but doesnt seem to be moving much air flow. seems kind of weak. Sometimes when its not working but turned on...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad