• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 87RangerSTX

86 Ranger with extra long extended cab

Has anyone seen one of these up close, or know anything about them? I'm assuming that it's a dealer conversion that was sent to a custom auto shop before being sold on the lot. This is the second one I've seen, but still know very little about them. Tho I do know they have a full width bench...
  2. 87RangerSTX

Lock-Right trouble.

I'm putting a Lock-right locker in the rear of my 87 ranger with the 7.5" diff. My gear ratio is 3.73. My problem is that when I went to install the c-clips, I realized the cross pin cant go in because my ring gear is to thick to alow the pin to pass over the teeth. I have tried both the in rig...
  3. 87RangerSTX

Ex-cab on B2 frame.

I know that I've seen some pics of a standard cab ranger on a bronco 2 frame with a custom mini flatbed and others with a shortened ranger bed, but I'm picking up a 87 bronco 2 frame with all the running gear and drive train this comming friday. I already have a 87 ex cab ranger that i bought...
  4. 87RangerSTX

Poping and banging in axle.

My 87 Ranger has the 7.5" L/S rear in it and since tuesday it pops and bangs really loudly. I't used to do it just on tight corners like in parking lots and such but now it does it on every type of turn pavement or gravel. It sometimes does it on a straight away too. I am leaning toward a...
  5. 87RangerSTX

Cab swap questions.

I just got a couple of rigs (same body style) and one of them has the cab in really bad shape (an 81 F-350). The interior has had mice in it the metal is rotted and rusted everywhere and is bent up pretty bad. The other is in top notch condition, excelent interior, perfect body, no problems(an...
  6. 87RangerSTX

3.0 Camshaft help!!!!

My friend is rebuilding his friends 3.0 and he keeps complaining that he cant find a performance camshaft for it. Anyone have any brands or other information for 3.0 camshafts? My friend T.J. would appreciate the help.
  7. 87RangerSTX

Any suggestions on a 390 swap?

I was helping a friend move some junk at his dads place and we uncoverd a really good looking 390. His dad said that it is a good engine and that I could just have it if I wanted it. I plan to rebuild it and drop it and the appropriate drivetrain into my 87 Ranger XLT Ex-Cab and maybe some...
  8. 87RangerSTX

HELP! Tire rubbing due to to worn axle pivot insulators.

HELP! Tire rubbing due to to worn axle radius arm insulators. My '85 B2 XLT that I just bought is having a little problem. The axle radius arm insulators look in pretty bad shape. The drivers side is worse than the passenger. When I turn slightly to the left, the out edge of the tire barely...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad