• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. eBay bucket seats in a 1986!

I'm looking to get rid of my bench seat and put 2 separate seats. I've had no luck at junk yards and was wondering if anyone has bought eBay bucket seats and successfully installed them?
  2. What else is left to check? Engine cranks, no start!

Ok so Ill try to let you guys know everything I did. I bought a head for a 2.3 (83-88) online. I had a engine from what I believe was a 94 (that timing belt fit perfect on the sprocket). I put the head on it had new valves and all. I re used my camshaft and lifters . I checked and its getting...
  3. Ignition Timing need help

Ok so ive never put a distibutor in. From what i found. I set the rotor on the distributor just ahead of spark #1 so that when i drop it in to the block itll fall right on spark #1. Hste o say it but thats all i got. New to doing this. Need some detailed help.
  4. crank sensor plug, where does it go!?!?

Ok guys, I have a 83-88 (only description when i bought it) on what was a dual plug block. I want to say the block is a 94 (due to a 94 timing belt fitting teeth perfect). My truck is a 86 2.3 I used all the same setup from my old cracked 86 head and put on my new head. I am having a hard timing...
  5. This is a tricky one!!?!?!?! Help

Ok nice and simple. My truck is a 86 blew rod heads cracked. I bought a remanufactured head (83-88, description on add) I had a spare block that is a dual plug block not sure of year. I want to say 94 since that was the only timing belt that fit perfect in teeth. I got everything to bolt on...
  6. Will a 86 head run good on a 89 block?

My original engine is a 2.3 , I have a 2.3 with the 8 spark plug . unknown year , I want to put my original head on the block to get my truck running again. Will it work? Thanks
  7. Will a 86 head run good on a 91 block?

I was given the wrong information when I bought a newer engine. I was told it was a 86 but come to find out it had the 8 spark plugs (my fault for not looking). My original head is still good so I want to put it on the new engine I have? Need help , thanks
  8. 1991 2.3 to a 86 transmission!?!? Help

Will a 1991 Ranger 2.3 engine bolt on to a 1986 4x4 transmission? Will the plugs hook up all the same as my original 86 2.3. My 86 2.3 died on me and having a hard time finding one the same year.Will it run properly? Help please!
  9. 1986 Ranger Engine Swap Help

I just pulled out the original 2.3 4cyl out of my 86 ranger. I need to know what engine will fit besides the original. Having a hard time finding the original so anything that will plug and play pretty much is what I need . I found a merkur turbo engine but it seemed a hassle at the time. Need...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad