• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Clutch, how to trouble shoot?

So ranger has been sitting for almost a month trying to fix everything up. I get her running but now I have a soft clutch peddle. Air just get in the system? how do I bleed it so I can get the air out if that is the problem. It wont shift into any gear. Clutch was fine before. What now?!
  2. Machine Shop or tap and die?

To make a semi-long story short I have two bolts that broke when doing valve covers. I have tried extractors, no go. So do I tap and die those holes or do I take it to a machine shop and have them re thread it? is it difficult to tap and die? Any info would be great.
  3. 88 and 94 Ranger

What is the same on the 88 and 94 rangers? what could I get off of it to match up? Engine, Tranny? sending unit? ETC?
  4. Valve Gaskets

Replacing my valve gaskets and broke some of the bolts that mount the valve cover. Looking online for the bolts and washers but having hard time finding them. In matter of fact I don't know what to call them. So I cant really do a complete search. So what would those bolt be called? I am seeing...
  5. Quick Alternator

On my way to the hunk yard. The dont have an 88 ranger like mine. But what do I need to look for with getting an alternator? What other years will work? Do I just need to worry about amps? Will aerostar work from around the same year? Same as explore because they have the same engine? Also...
  6. 1988 Ranger Battery light

The title kind of sums it up. Battery light on, what should I check? I've read other form that say probably alternator and checking battery is pointless. Common sense would be to check the battery because that's what the light indicates. But to fill in more the story I pulled off the road and...
  7. Sending Unit

I know there was an article for trouble shooting the sending unit in ranger. I cant seem to find it. Anyone know exactly where it is? Or does anyone have a link? Thanks guys
  8. Sparks Fly.

So last night I installed a new head light. But it on checked if it worked, lights turned on including headlights. Put the key in the ignition, everything peeps, dash lights turn on the kit and caboodle. Put in the clutch, go to start the truck, sparks on positive terminal and everything blacks...
  9. Sparks when starting

I go to start my truck and sparks fly on one of the terminals. Truck wont turn over. Everything blacks out when I try and start and then sparks come. Did I connect the battery incorrectly? Something wrong with the terminal? Need help ASAP!!!
  10. help!

I changed by head light. GO to start everything blacks out and terminal cord furthest right sparks. What did I do?
  11. WTF? Blackout when i start ranger

So I replaced my headlight in my 1988 ranger. Went and reassembled everything, when to start the truck, makes funny noise and everything blacks out. Release the clutch everything comes back on. One of the cords to the battery is also sparking when I attempt to start it. Help.
  12. Steering column

Need help with knowing how to tighten up the steering column. Has a little play, no lift or anything on it. Need to replaced? or is there a way to tighten something up?
  13. Engine Swap

What engines can fit inside of a 1988 Ranger XLT. I have the 2.9, but looking to go a little bigger without changing a lot. If that is possible. And if nothing else does, where can I get those lowest costing engine rebuild kit(master)? Thanks for any info.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad