• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 89 Bronco 2 Stuck in 4Low

Hey all, I have a 1989 Bronco 2 with the push button 4wd and it won't come out of 4 low. I have never had an issue with the 4x4 on this truck in 23 years so this caught me off guard. When the button is pressed I can hear the relays click behind me but the indicator light at the button and the...
  2. 1989 Interior Leak ID and Fix

I have an 89 bronco 2 that has a pretty severe interior leak under the dash on the passenger side. I had the windshield replaced just to eliminate that being the source. It fixed most of the flow but this specific leak remains. Can anyone tell me what I'm looking at here and how to go about...
  3. 2.9 Squirrel Damage

I have an 89 bronco 2 with the 2.9 and went to drive it it today after its been sitting for a couple of weeks. Popped the hood to hook up battery and found a squirrel nest and some chewed wires. Nothing was too awful except for the yellow block with red wires. I thought it may be a fusible link...
  4. Spark Plug Heat Range 44

I am trying to find the right Motorcraft spark plug for my 1989 2.9 so that I can advance the timing and get a little more power out of it. The problem is I have no idea where to find heat range 44 plugs. It seems like MC ranges only go from 0-10 so I am lost. If yall happen to have a part #...
  5. Water Leak Pass Side Front.

Hey guys I'm hoping y'all can help me out. I have water in my pass side floorboard of my 1989 B2 after any amount of rain. It seems to be permeating through the foam filler where the heater hoses come through the firewall. Am I looking at drilling all the spot welds and pulling the cowl or is...
  6. 94 4.0L A4LD and T-Case into 89 2.9L

Ok guys, im really hoping yall can help me out. I have an 89 B2 with the 2.9/A4LD stock setup. I have a donor A4LD and T-case from a 94 Explorer I want to put in, but before I get ahead of myself I want to make sure it is a bolt in swap. I have the Explorer front drive shaft as well if that...
  7. Driver Turn Signal and Brake Light Not Working

Ok I really hope yall can help me out on my 1989 B2. The turn signals and brake light on my driver side wont light or flash. I have running lights at all four corners and the relay clicks normally in the dash. However, the indicator light does not light for the driver side either. I...
  8. Driver Turn Signal and Brake Light Not Working

Ok I really hope yall can help me out on my 1989 B2. The turn signals and brake light on my driver side wont light or flash. I have running lights at all four corners and the relay clicks normally in the dash. However, the indicator light does not light for the driver side either. I...
  9. Windshield Trim Clips

Hey Guys, I need some help. I have a 1989 B2. The trim around my windshield was pulling up so I went ahead to see what help it in place (or wasnt any more) a lot of the small metal clips under the trim had rusted to nonexistence. Where can I find more of these? I dont want to have to toss the...
  10. Can I Use This Transmission?

So I got a deal on a 93 Explorer A4ld 4x4 trans and transfer case and it just so happens I have an 89 Bronco 2 in need of a new trans. My question is this: Will this 93 trans simply plug and play in my 89 B2?
  11. Fuel Problems

I am losing fuel pressure in a bad way. When I allow it to idle I am looking at 28 psi. When I pull the vacuum line from the regulator it jumps to 35 psi. I know that is a little low, but my problem is when I give it gas the fuel pressure drops down below 20, I audibly hear a back fire, and...
  12. Windshield or Firewall Leak?

1989 Bronco 2. I let my b2 sit for far too long and now that I no longer have a garage to keep it in I have realized that my passenger side floorboard gets soaked every time it rains. I peeled my carpet back to dry it out this last storm and pulled the trim around the windshield to see if I...
  13. Wont Hold A Charge

I have an 89 B2 4x4 that I put a brand new battery into a couple of months ago. For a while it did great. It cranked every time and had no trouble spinning the starter. All at once it decided it wont hold a charge. I can put the charger on it all night crank it in the morning just fine but...
  14. 2.9 will not take the gas

Never had trouble with it until I ran it out of gas the other day. Added five gallons back to it and it drove home no trouble. Yesterday I go to crank it and I get no fire. The engine just turns and turns. I get it to fire and idle, but if I press the gas it bogs and then acts like it runs out...
  15. New to the fold in an old way

I had a Ranger as my first truck and I held onto my Bronco 2 from 2001 until now. I decided I want to get it back road and off road worthy and would really love to pick all of your brains.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad