• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 97 Ranger 4.0 auto bad misfire, O2 sensor code

Looking at buying another Ranger. 4.0 engine just rebuilt, engine idles high (approx 1200 rpm) but engine sounds good- no strange rattles, etc. only code is for O2 sensor. When trans is shifted from park to D or R, engine misses and gets worse with throttle. Any ideas appreciated- looking...
  2. Difference L and SL limited slip axles

I have a 7.5 3SL73 and 8.8 3L73 axles. Based on other posts, I thought the S and SL diffs were a different type limited slip but the carriers look the same to me (see pic). Is there a difference between them? I'm using the 7.5 due to very limited space under my project car so I'm just curious...
  3. oil pressure drop and oil in coolant

I'm trying to help a friend get his Ranger going again. He recently replaced the long block with a rebuilt LB from a local engine shop. After the swap, he said it was running fine for the first 100 or so miles, but while driving around town, he noticed the oil pressure fluctuating and then...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad