• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 4.0 Oil Change

I hate that I have to even ask this but I'm out of ideas... My truck has been sitting for about a year while I recovered from some injuries and couldn't do anything with it. Now that I'm capable of physical activity again i decided to go out and try and get it running. I figured I'd change...
  2. Information from Ford??

Some time ago I remember a thread being created which detailed a way in which you could get the build specifications of your vehicle from Ford. If I remember correctly the thread contained a link to a form you could fill out and request the specs. Does anyone remember any details about the...
  3. Weak Air Flow

Last winter my truck suddenly stopped blowing any air out of the vents and when I checked it out I noticed that the blower motor was not working. I went and bought a new blower motor and installed it which got the air moving again. Unfortunately now there is very little air coming out from the...
  4. Stuck at WOT

I haven't been driving the Ranger much this winter, preferring instead to drive my second vehicle. I take the Ranger out now and again just to keep everything moving and I start it every other day. Last night I decided to drive the Ranger down to meet with my friends (about a 10 mile drive)...
  5. Cell Phones While Driving

From Yahoo: New Device Prevents Driving While Using Cell Phone "A new automobile ignition key can prevent teenagers from talking on cell phones or sending text messages while driving. The invention, by researchers at the University of Utah, is called Key2SafeDriving and is aimed at cutting...
  6. Curious About Cracked Heads

Can anyone tell me why the heads on four liter Rangers are so prone to cracking? Does it have something to do with the engine being bored out so close to its limits? The three liter and four cylinder engines don't have this problem so is it just a design flaw?
  7. Ford on better footing

DETROIT – Ford Motor Co. will tell Congress that it plans to return to a pretax profit or break even in 2011 when the Detroit Three automakers' CEOs appear before lawmakers this week to request $25 billion in government loans. Ford CEO Alan Mulally said he'll work for $1 per year if the company...
  8. White Smoke

When I start my ranger up in colder weather I get clouds of white smoke coming out of the exhaust pipe. Not the usual cold weather puff of smoke but huge billowing clouds. After the truck warms up (about 10 minutes) the smoke is completely gone. In warmer weather there is no smoke on start...
  9. Rear Differential Capacity?

Hey guys, I just drained and resealed my differential to fix a leak and now I'm trying to refill it. I could have sworn I read that it had a 5 quart capacity somewhere, but that seemed a little high to me. I can't find the thread so does anyone know the capacity? It's a 94 4.0L 2WD. Thanks.
  10. Edmunds

So I was recently looking for a new Ford Ranger of the 2008 type and I did the usual poking around for reviews on the truck. I was very suprised when I got to the edmunds site and read the review. Here is the first paragraph of the introduction... "The Ford Ranger went past its expiration...
  11. Wheel Cylinder

I took the rear brakes apart on my truck to replace them and as I was staring at the backing plate and the wheel cylinder I had to wonder... If I apply the brakes when the wheel cylinder is the only part still attached will it blow the seals out? And before anyone tells me it is unsafe to...
  12. Hi from upstate NY

Hey everyone, I've been a long time silent observer of the forums and I decided it was time to join up. I have some big projects planned and I look forward to the thoughts and advice of everyone here.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad