• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. No start is it my chip key?

99 Ranger 3.0 flex fuel 2WD The simplest way I think I can ask this question is this: How can I tell if my chip key is still working? Does the THEFT light behave a certain way? I have a no start, and changed fuel pump/filter checked inertia switch, etc. I want to be sure my chip key is still...
  2. Transmission worse after shift kit

Hello, previous posted about my 99 ranger tranny slipping. 4r44e 225K miles. slip was progressively worse, but only acted up every two three weeks, but was slipping worse and worse. Decided to change filter and fluid and investigate tron gasket on VB. Also bought transgo shift kit. So I...
  3. Transmission Slipping

Hello, 1999 V6 Ranger extra cab 3.0 flex fuel I think my trans is a 4R44E Once in a while ( maybe three to four months apart ) i've had transmission slip off take off, then work fine. Fluid is red, not burnt, and full. Where should I start looking? Would a fluid/filter change help?
  4. Fuel Pump Flex-vs-Gas-Need Help!!

:dunno: Ok...long story short. I had a backup fuel pump to use on my 99 ranger 3.0 flex fuel VIN "V" But it was from a junkyard fuel tank I had to replace 1.5 yrs ago. I only used the tank with my original fuel pump. My fuel pump died last Saturday...so I pulled the bed off,and swapped the pumps...
  5. 99 Ranger 3.0 Flex Fuel Fuel Filter

:yahoo: I never did find a truly accurate representation of the special tool for removing the fuel filter on my 99 Ranger 3.0 Flex fuel V6. I kept reading that after you get the tool into the fuel line and hear it "click". Pull the filter out with the tool. THAT WILL NOT WORK! I hope I can...
  6. New Camshaft Synchronizer?

:icon_confused:Need advice on replacing a camshaft synchronizer or not. 1999 3.0 flex fuel. I've got a P1309 code and a coolant temp sensor code P0117 I replaced the Cam position sensor...reset the codes and got the same two again. On the P1309 code I'm thinking of just replacing the...
  7. Can't see oil leak!!

:bawling:My 1999 3.0 2wd Ranger just started leaking oil suddenly. It is near the front, but not the oil pan..I can see that is not leaking. The oil is collecting on the cross frame member below the "rack" near the small radiator...(looks like an oil cooler?) but not from that part either. Where...
  8. AC Compressor trouble

:icon_confused: My A/C compressor is giving me trouble. Here are the symptoms: Compressor will engage approx. 5-7 seconds after engine start...but disengages after about 5-7 seconds.Never engages after that. Pressure on low side reads in the red on recharge kit gauge.Looks like above 70 lbs. I...
  9. Failed Smog :-(

Failed Smog Check In California!!! :fie:Last check... ( 2 yrs ago) I replaced cat,o2 sensor ( only one in my vehicle) and that did it. I bought a code reader and got these codes: 157-MAF fault, low voltage 172-HEGO sensor fault lean 173-HEGO sensor fault rich ( does this seem weird, both lean...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad