• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. swapping springs from another lift?

I have a duff 2.5-3inch lift on my 97 x cab right now and would like a 4 inch lift to clear my 33s as they just touch the bumper. I was thinking of trying a 4inch spring from another company as Duff jumps way up to 5.5 inches of lift and I really don't want to go that high. Has anyone done...
  2. thinking of adding more lift?

Is there anything else that needs to be done to a 97 X cab to go from 3inches of lift to 5.5inches of lift? Thinking of things like drive shafts?
  3. Want to add to my James Duff lift

I have a stage 1 3inch lift from JD on my 97 x cab ranger. I got some 33x10.50s and now they rub a little on the front bumper. Can I just get a set of the 5 inch front springs and rear springs and be done? Do I need the radius arms or can I get by without? What else would I need to achieve...
  4. Wanting to upgrade my lift

I have a 97 ranger x cab with a James Duff 3inch lift right now. I put 33x10.50s on it and they rub a tiny bit on the front bumper. What all do I need to get a little more out of it to clear these tires? Can I just swap springs since I have all the drop brackets already? I called JD but they...
  5. Warn Trans4mer winch mount

Has anyone put this on a 97 ranger. Warn says they only make it for the 98 and up trucks. Is there a big difference between them? They used to make it for the 97 dont know why they stopped.
  6. Bolt on winch bumper for 97 ranger?

Does anyone make one to bolt on? I searched and didn't find a definitive answer.
  7. 97 ranger clutch problem

So I bought this 97 5 speed ranger and it seems that when the truck is cold it has a really hard time going into 2nd and seems like the other gears are hard too. When it's warm its intermittent on being hard to shift. One time last week it started to roll when the clutch was in. only did it...
  8. winch mount or bumper for 97 Ranger?

Does anyone make one? I would like to buy a bolt on mount or bumper and can't seem to find a company that makes one for the 93-97 rangers.
  9. My ranger's ignition cylinder is stuck, Help!

So I go start my 1997 ranger and the ignition cylinder is stuck and wont move at all. I tried moving the steering wheel and nothing. The key is not stuck in there, I can pull it out. This is a manual also so its not the tranny holding it up. Its been kind of sticky lately. I want to just...
  10. Floor mats

Does anyone make a good rubber floor mat for the front of the ranger and the back x cab area? Mine is a 1997 x cab.
  11. what leveling kit to get?

I just ordered some 32x11.50 tires and I need a leveling kit at least i think. This is for a 97 ranger 4x4. What one should I get? I would need shocks too.
  12. pics of leveled rangers and 32x11.50's

Please post pics of your 93-97 rangers with leveling kits and 32x11.50's please? I just ordered the 32's and want to know how it would look and if it will fit.
  13. How many hours for shop to install lift?

Looking at getting a James Duff stage 1 2.5inch lift for my 97 ranger. I won 4hrs of labor from my buddies shop. How long does it usually take to put one of these on? If it is going to take way too long and start costing me a lot of money I will just go with a superlift leveling kit. I'm...
  14. Just picked up my new ranger P0171 and P0174

Just got a 97 ranger 4.0L today and it has a p0171 and a P0174 check engine light. It's the bank 1 lean and bank 2 lean. I did some research and found that it could be the fuel rail gasket? Any input on this would be much appreciated. the truck runs great and smooth. Just needd to get this...
  15. Finally found a Ford ranger! Now how to fit 33's?

Im going to pick up a 1997 Ranger Xcab 4x4 this weekend. I finally found one after a few month search. I looked through all the lift pics on this forum and was wanting to know if you guys had any pics of my body style with a 3inch lift and 32x11.50's or 33's? I don't know if a 33 would fit...
  16. How much to trim to fit 33's on a 2nd gen?

Im looking at buying a 91 4.0 v6 auto x cab ranger and I would like to stuff 33x10.50s or 11.50 wide. What is the minimal amount of lift to run a 33? Can you get away with a 2in and do some trimming? I just want to keep it as low as possible yet still get that tire. Even if I have to do some...
  17. tell me about a ford ranger diesel?

Are they any good? Im looking at an 86 ranger with a Mitsubishi diesel in it. Don't know if I should buy it. It has 85k on it. Can this be a good reliable daily driver that I can also be a good trail rig? Are there any issues that would prevent one from buying a ranger diesel?
  18. Looking to buy first ranger off road rig

I am in the market for a Ranger to do both daily driving and be a good trail rig. Want to put some 31x10.50s on it. Nothing hard core, just something me and the lady can go out and wheel a little and I can drive it to work and use as a spare rig for when I don't want to drive my diesel. What...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad