• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Won't start; Machine gun clicking

Over the past two weeks or so, I've been hearing a couple loud clicks before the engine turns over while starting. I chalked it up to the cold temperatures, and didn't worry about it. Today, all I'm hearing is that click, repeatedly. It doesn't sound like the starter is trying to turn the...
  2. Frozen drum brake?

So this morning was icy. We had rain yesterday morning which turned into snow around mid-day, and the temps hung around -10C after that. When I reversed out of the driveway this morning, it seemed like the e-brake was stuck on. It happened a lot on my previous car, so I know the feeling...
  3. Momentary blast of steam/exhaust from engine?

I purchased my first Ranger very recently, an '09 XL, manual transmission. It's not without its quirks, some of which may be problems, while others are just "normal" (eg. lingering RPMs while up-shifting). I'm still sorting those out. This morning, I made a quick left turn at steering lock...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad