• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 92 4.0L M5OD 2wd to A4LD swap

I'm looking at possibly picking up a 92 Ranger 2wd with 4.0L 5spd. Trans is supposedly busted. I have access to a 92 explorer 4.0L 4x4 auto trans that's been totalled. Any big obstacles to overcome when replacing the 5spd with the A4LD? Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
  2. Delta Cams?

Hoping to get some input from those who have had some first hand experience with Delta Cams. Looking for a less expensive option to the Comp 422 cam for my 94 4.0L. Delta rep said they can copy the comp profile very closely. Thanks for any help. Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  3. Stock ohv cam Vs Comp 410

Would the change to a 410 cam be noticeable enough to justify doing the cam swap from stock? Will be finally doing my burnt valve repair very soon and considered a cam while it's all apart. Thanks. Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  4. Header options

Looking around online at some headers for my ranger, I noticed the year breaks from 90-94, 95-97, and so on. Mines a 94, if I were to do the newer head model swap, are the header designs head specific or frame design specific. Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  5. 94 ranger frame

I'm in the process of getting parts for my sas on my 94 ex ranger. I want to do leaf springs up front. Here's my dilemma, my 94 has the stupid crumple zone up front. Will the crumple zone support and withstand the added pressure? Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  6. Cylinder head removal tool list

I'm heading to a local LKQ soon to find some cheap heads for my 94 4.0l. Looking for some off of a 95-97 ranger/Explorer. Trying to avoid multiple tool fetching trips, what are some if any specialty tools I need to bring with me. Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  7. 94 Ranger D44 swap

I'm in the process of gathering up parts to do my SAS on my 94. I'm planning on using leaf springs up front seeing that I can't find some radius arms to do the swap. What are some ideas as to what would be some good leafs to use for the front setup. Truck is 4.0l extended cab. Plans are to use...
  8. Low cog with leaf sas post your rig !

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Dana44_leafspring_conversion.shtml This is what I plan to use as a reference and guide as I do my sas Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  9. Dana 44 swap

This is with the 1/2 ton D44 wiyh radius arms, but the install writeup would be helpful when planning a sas. I should be picking a set of 3/4 ton D44/D60 axles this weekend to start gathering parts to do 94 also. www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Dana44_leafspring_conversion.shtml Sent...
  10. 4.0L OHV head compatability?

I'm looking to pick up a set of heads to replace the ones on my 94 4.0. My question is what head cast numbers would fit and run good? Which head could possibly bump compression up a little? Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  11. No/low cylinder pressure.

I did a compression test last night to try and diagnose a missfire. #1-167 #2-160 #3-158-159 #4-162 #5-15 dry and 20 wet #6-160 My assumption is that either the rings are trashed in #5 or a valve/lifter/pushrod is bad keeping it from either getting air or pushing it out. Tomorrow after I'm...
  12. 79 bronco Dana 44 radius arm mount

http://www.therangerstation.com/tech_library/Dana44_leafspring_conversion.shtml Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk
  13. 79 bronco Dana 44 radius arm mount

I'm in the process of picking up a 78/79 D44 woth cast wedges also. Plan on doing leaf springs for the simplicity of it. Search Bronco 2 d44 swap. On the passenger side, two different sized u bolts to clamp over the casting. Spring perch was right up against the casting or close. I really...
  14. 94 Ranger engine swap

Hey everyone, I'm looking to do the 5.0 swap an my 94 ranger. Currently 4.0L auto 4x4. I've read that certain years of 5.0's can be more simple than others to swap. Hoping to get some advice as to which year is the least hassle. I've tracked down a 96 5.0 auto explorer, complete minus rear...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad