• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ranger radius arm drop brackets

Hey all, so I got laid off at work and have some free time so I've been looking for projects and this one came to mind. I have a 97 with the ttb front end. I put 2.5" leveling adapters under the coil springs but no radius arm drop bracket. My springs are arched forward and the truck still isn't...
  2. 94 4.0 lower intake question

I re-used my intake gaskets both upper and lower after about 500 miles. I had a slight coolant leak and tore it apart and rebuilt it. Definitely recommend rtv around the coolant passages as Ron suggested. For reference I have the metal and rubber fel pro lower intake gaskets.
  3. Persistent p0401

I've done a lot of reading, replaced every egr part and still have the p0401 More detail, I've replaced the dpfe, hoses to the dpfe, egr line(big metal pipe), egr bung in the manifold, of course the egr. Checked the line that goes into the intake and it's clear. The vacuum lines to the egr are...
  4. Frame repair/welder tips

So the last foot of my frame is shot. The rest looks good. But around the bumper brackets is pretty Swiss cheese like. So if I cut the rear of a frame from a junkyard truck, and cut mine in the same spot it should be pretty easy to replace right? I want to be able to tow without the fear of...
  5. Scratch in timing cover seal race

So I'm still fighting a oil leak in the front of the motor.. While taking out the old seal I noticed a few grooves in the outer part where the seal gets driven into. What should I do about these? This is a 4.0 with the aluminum front cover. I'm driving the new seal in with the otc alignment...
  6. 97 4.0 Harmonic balancer seal leaking!

So when I first started driving this truck after it sat for a few years the timing cover had a coolant leak.. So I replaced the timing cover gasket, water pump and harmonic balancer(rubber had seperated). Of course I used a new seal. Well I didn't use the ford special tool so a few hundred miles...
  7. Front seal leaking again

So I had a coolant leak from the timing cover.. So I replaced the gasket and of course replaced the harmonic balancer seal and the harmonic balancer too because mine looked rough(rubber was cracking bad). Well everything's been leak free for a few weeks until today. The front of the pan is wet...
  8. 97 ranger with 31s

I've been reading conflicting posts on here.. I've got 31s on my ranger. What psi should I keep them at to get decent life out of them? They're mastercraft ct 31x10.50r15. Place I bought them from put them at 15 which is obviously way too low.
  9. Thumping in cooling system

I've been fighting this since I put the new water pump on. It happens when fully warm. You can see the heater hoses move when it thumps and can feel it most around the thermostat. Thermostat is new and so is the waterpump. I've been trying to bleed all the air out and thought all was well this...
  10. Harmonic balancer seal 4.0 ohv

I'm doing the timing cover gasket and I'm stumped. How do I put it in and make sure it's seated correctly? I'm reading about a tool from ford but I need to finish it today. Any tips/tricks? The old one doesn't leak.. Should I just not touch it and reinstall the harmonic balancer??
  11. Air Bag questions

So the 97 I bought was in a wreck but air bags weren't deployed.. The drivers air bag is disconnected and the 2 screws are removed so it falls out all the time. I bought it like this so I asked the last owner(owned it for 11 years) and he said it was that way when he bought it and he thinks it...
  12. Lighting woes

So I got to drive my 97 4wd 5 speed in the snow today.. First time I've drove the truck since buying it 2 months ago. I love it. Interior needs cleaned but there's some lighting stuff I can't figure out. The interior light doesn't work with the door in any position. It also doesn't turn on...
  13. Lifter tick after putting motor back in

So I had the oil pan off of my 4.0 ohv and it was on an engine stand upside down for a few weeks.. Now that I put the truck back together it had a lifter tick which is understandable for being upside down without oil. I cranked the truck with no fuel pump until it had oil pressure. Then started...
  14. Egr fitting broken

So in the process of removing my motor I bent the egr tube beyond repair..so I have a new one to replace it but I couldn't get the tube loose at the bung between the tube and manifold. So I removed the bung. The manifold still has threads but the fitting is stripped. I can't find one and both...
  15. Putting motor back in...Right now..

So both the motor and transmission are out of my ranger(transfercase still attached to the transmission) How should I drop these in? Will they go in from the top fine or will it be too long? I'm doing it myself or else I would put the transmission back in from the bottom as I dropped it out...
  16. Chasing Random Knock

So I haven't ever drove this ranger and would LOVE to...I've got close to 3000 in parts in it in the past few weeks after repairing the front twin torsion beams due to the wreck.. I start it and it has a coolant leak but runs great.. I drove it around the block a few times just to make sure it...
  17. Just got myself a 97 5 speed 4wd v6

I picked up a wrecked 97 ranger xlt 5 speed, 4.0 v6 4wd single cab long bed. I rebuilt the front end including new axle beams, ball joints, radius arms and radius arm mounts. I rebuilt both hubs also. Now somethings knocking so I joined up to get some help with rebuilding the motor. I'll be...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad