• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Ranger Heater Valve Function

I've been having a little trouble with getting this truck to warm up like it should. The gauge always read C or just above it. Replaced the thermostat and both temperature sensors, which didn't help. Yesterday I think I found out what the problem is. This truck has a broken blend door, and the...
  2. DD a Spooled 8.8

I know this has been hashed out many times, but none of those were really comparable to my situation. I'm running a 29" tire on a 98 2wd Ranger 2.5 5 speed. Right now it has the factory 3.45 rear. I grabbed a 4.10 8.8 last week from a 4.0 Ranger. I have it apart and will be dropping some new...
  3. 2.5 Clattering and Pinging

My 98 2.5 has made some noise since I bought it a couple months ago. If you start it after sitting for a few hours, it clatters pretty loudly, like a lifter is not pumping up. After warming up, it's smooth and quiet as can be. Should I maybe try a thinner oil? Not sure what's in it now, the...
  4. Ranger LSD Longevity

My 98 Ranger has a 7.5 3.45 open diff. I have 29" tires and I'm looking to swap a 4.10 axle in it's place, preferably an LSD. Are the clutch packs in these diffs pretty strong? I'll be getting one from a scrapyard and won't know anything aside from mileage and looking it over. If worn, can you...
  5. Lower Radiator Hose ID

Looking to add a thermoswitch for electric fans, does anyone know what the ID of the lower radiator hose is so that I can order an inline adapter for it?
  6. Door Handle Flexing

Having owned a 95 Chevy previously I had assumed that my door handle problems would be solved by buying a Ford. Unfortunately that hasn't been the case. The passenger's side exterior door handle was broken when I bought the truck. I grabbed one from Amazon and put it on. However, the handle...
  7. Amount of blow-by from oil fill cap question

Every DOHC 4 cyl that I've tried that on move a lot of air and blow oil around. All of which were healthy. My 2.5 hardly moves any air, but that's a different animal, and I'm not sure if the PCV is working normally.
  8. Looking for Input on Wheels

I have a 98 Ranger 2wd 4cyl 5 speed. It's a single cab. It has the factory 14" alloys and car tires right now. I've already ruined one tire from a rock cut. The gravel in this area is really sharp, and I drive on it a lot. I want to upgrade to ~28" tire. To get a decent AT or MT selection I...
  9. Questions About Axle and Seat Swaps

I bought a 98 Ranger 2wd 4 cylinder 5 speed last week. It will be my work truck, and save me a lot of gas compared to my K2500. The truck has 209k, and the drivers seat is getting a little worn. The cushion has a lot of give and you can feel the metal supports in the seat. The center console is...
  10. Some Questions About my 2.5

I bought a 98 Ranger XLT last night with the 2.5l and 5 speed. It runs well enough going down the road, but it doesn't seem to idle right. Sometimes when you pull it out of gear, it will stumble, and it takes a little bit for the idle to settle down. It had an IAC code when I checked it before...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad