• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 91' 3.0 ranger short block?

Thanks for the reply. When I say steam,I mean as if I was spraying for mosquitoes! Will an intake gasket leak cause steaming out the back also? Thanks.
  2. 91' 3.0 ranger short block?

Oh yeah, the coolant fills up the overflow tank and doesn't go back into the radiator at cool down. I just let it out of overflow tank and add some back into radiator. Thanks.
  3. 91' 3.0 ranger short block?

Also,before I commit to a short block, my existing engine actually runs good. When it rains, steam comes out of tailpipe until the motor gets hot. I'm going to try the glove test. There is no oil/water mixing dipstick. Oil pressure good, doesn't run hot. Will an intake gasket cause steaming out...
  4. 91' 3.0 ranger short block?

Thank you very much!
  5. 91' 3.0 ranger short block?

Hello. I have a 91 ranger that needs head gaskets. I can buy a remanufactored short block that say it's a Vulcan from a car. Will it work with my existing heads,intake,etc.?
  6. 91' Ranger Brake Fluid Level Connector Wire Color Code..?

Hey Kunar..Thanks for the reply..That could be it for my original wire colors coming out of the harness but they had fell out of the connector, so I'm not sure..:(..But the black solid wire on the new pigtail I bought, is actually on the center pin between the two striped wires..Don't know why...
  7. 91' Ranger Brake Fluid Level Connector Wire Color Code..?

Hello..I have to replace the brake fluid level connector as the old one wires just fell out..I bought another one Duralast #870...:confused:..Anyone know the original wiring sequence coming out of the existing loom..?..The color wire on the #870 is.. Middle ( solid blue), One side ( white/red...
  8. How Many o-2 sensors on '91 Ranger 3.0..?

Hello..Heard different that there's two. Is it heated or non heated..?.. I haven't been able to get under truck ( arthritis now..:shok:..Where's it located..?.Thanks..!
  9. '91 Ranger 3.0 High Idle..!

Hello..My 91 3.0 just started all of a sudden idling high..! It idles in park around 2000 rpms. I took off the IAC cleaned it,replaced and it actually idle down to normal. I then shut off the engine came back about 30 minutes later and it started idling high again! Thanks..! BTW, with the truck...
  10. Temp Sending Gauge..?

Hello. I know this may sound a simple question but: I need to replace the temp sending gauge ( 1 wire one ) on my 91 Ranger. Do you use any type of " sealer" on the threads when installing..?..:dunno:..
  11. "Cupping" In Tires..?

Hello. As I drive and get up to highway speed, I feel this bumping from my front tires. Not a side to side bump as when your tires need balancing but a small up/down movement. I've heard the term " cupping" being used. If this is so, what causes it and how is it remedied so that if I get new...
  12. Replacing AC Evaporator..?

Hello..Is there a way you can replace the evaporator in the '91 Ranger 3.0 with completely removing the housing from the firewall..?//I see where it come apart and just looking seems to be able to pull the evaporator with one side still intact. Just my way of thinking tho'........;brownbag;
  13. Bigger Tires..?

Hello. I've never liked the way the tires looked on my 91 Ranger XLT.. Too small..:annoyed:.. What size tire would you recommend that I can " fill " the wheel well with without changing shocks and won't change the gearing ratio too bad..?
  14. Vacuum Booster Leaking..?

Hello.. I notice when I shut my engine down, there's this hissing sound of air coming from the plug ( grommet) that's in the vacuum booster that goes to the main vacuum distribution port. Is this plug/hose replaceable or do you have to buy a booster..?
  15. Engine Runs Hot At Highway Speeds..!

Ok. I had to amend my other thread because there seems to be something different happening now. My 3.0 is running hot going at highway speeds "without" the a/c engaged..!..:icon_confused:..I previous thought it was just when I engaged the A/C, but today it proved me wrong. Even though it's 90...
  16. Ranger 3.0 Runs Hot With A/C engagged Only..?

Hello. I have a current thread going about my temp gauge so I started another not to complicated that one. Hope this is ok..:dunno:..Anyway, my '91Ranger 3.0 will do ok driving around and even will idle, but if I engage A/C and drive a while ,it runs hot. I mean HOT!!! Boiling back thru...
  17. Temp Gauge Reading/Stays On "0"..?

Hello..First post.!.:D.. My temp gauge needle stays on "0" as in ,just lays there even when the engine is hot.. I'm also experiencing engine overheat ( boils out of radiator )when engaging a/c. Some has mentioned fan clutch, thermostat. What do you think may be..? Thanks..!
  18. Hello..!

Hello everyone.! I'm posting for my first time and hope I can learn something from all you veterans..!..I have a 91' ranger XLT 3.0 and even tho it's got some miles on her, I'd like to keep her around a little longer if I may ( from help from everyone)..I have some trouble going on with her that...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad