• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 94 4.0 OHV Rough rich idle at startup

Hey guys, it's me again. Well JY engine has turned out pretty well. I guess I got lucky on that one. It's been running smooth and strong until about 2 weeks ago. Cold / hot, it doesn't seem to matter much but when I start it up it runs fine for about 1 - 1 1/2 minutes then it starts to run rough...
  2. Strange Idle

OK, I talked about my "new" boneyard engine earlier but I do have 1 aggravating issue that I need a little help with. When I pull up to a stop light and kick the clutch in the engine stays at roughly 1500 rpm until my speed falls below 10 mph. When it reaches 10 mph the rpms drop to normal...
  3. 95 Exploder 4.0 into a 94 Ranger 4.0

Hi guys, I'm swapping out the tired old 4.0 in my 94 Ranger XLT, 4.0, M5R1, 2wd. I've picked up a decent lower mileage 4.0 from a 95 Exploder. It's been sitting up for a while and during that time somebody borrowed the cam position sensor & drive. The 94 doesn't need that abomination but I do...
  4. Heads and Head Shops

It's me again Margret, (only the 'senior' members will get that one. lol Question #2 from my previous post: Can anyone share experience / advice on some of the head vendors found online and on freebay? I see a few advertised that throw up red flags and or look too good to be true. I trust...
  5. 94 4.0 Heads

Hi Guys, been gone a while but still around. I've got a couple of questions I need some help with. First question I'm really looking for advice from some of our professional techs you know, the certified guys that do this every day for a living. No disrespect meant to anyone who 'Shade Trees' or...
  6. 94 Dash Vent Louvers

Hi guys, I need to replace the dash vents in my 94 Supercab XLT. The truck has factory A/C and most of the vent louvers have broken and fallen out. Problem is I can't seem to find any replacement vent assemblies anywhere. Does anybody know a good source for them?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad