• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Camshaft Position Synch Compatibility

I've got a 95 Ranger and want to replace it's 3.0 with a newer (99) 3.0. The cam sensor is a 3-pin and physically will fit the 99 engine's Camshaft Position Synchronizer (CPS), however, I see that the part numbers for a '95 and a '99 CPS are different. Will the '99 CPS work with the '95 Cam...
  2. 3.0L Wiring harness compatibility

I have a 3.0l and 5 speed from a Ranger that I want to install in another vehicle. I have a pre-PATS 95 ECU but no wiring for that era. The engine was out of a 99 Ranger PATS vehicle. Will any non ranger V6 engine and engine compartment wiring harnesses work with this 95 ECU (i.e. Taurus...
  3. 3.0L Vulcan Transplant - Computer Help Needed!

I was given a 3.0L V6 from a 99 Ranger. Included was the ECU, Engine wiring harness, and 5speed trans. (I have an under hood fuse box and wiring harness from a 98 Explorer.. Pinning appears to be close). Originally I was going to keep engine as a spare for my rebodied 2003 Ranger (has 1940 Ford...
  4. Camshaft Synchronizer 1999 vs 1997 versions

I have a 99 Ranger 3.0l engine and want to put in a 97, using a 97 Engine Computer. I was checking for differences and find that the Camshaft Synchronizer/Position sensor for these 2 years may be different. Can any one tell me what the differences are and whether the 99 unit will work...
  5. Can Taurus non-PATS ECM be used ?

:icon_confused:Has anyone used a non-PATS ECM (i.e. 97 Taurus) with a 98-99 Ranger 3.0? I have a spare motor and 5speed that I'd like to install in an old MGB roadster I have. I've got the engine and trans mounted in the car, and now need to figure out wiring... I've got the engine wiring...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad