• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. SirSantie

02 Sensor Upstream bank 2

So I just found out that the ends or the o2 sensor connector are all bald and melted together and thats probably why I have the code P1152 on. I went to the local srap yard and took out a connector but when I went to install it from my Ranger I cut the old connector off now I don't know which...
  2. SirSantie

Will not start

I have a 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0 v6 and I have a check engine light on that read to replace an o2 sensor before the catalytic in which i did but then I noticed that when I would put the truck in drive that is didn't have any take off power like it wouldn't smoke them out if I tried. I press...
  3. SirSantie

P0153, P0174, P0133 and P1152 Codes

1998 Ford Ranger XLT 4.0 V6 OHDV 4x4. CEL on and the truck idles bad. It don't shut off but comes close to it. So if I am not mistaken it's a oxygen sensor or a injector but my question is which one. Please help I need it to pass emissions.
  4. SirSantie

Transmission replacement

I bought a used trans at a junk yard today for my 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4 4.0 V6 however the donor vehicle is a 1999 Ford Explorer 4x4 4.0 V6. My question is will it fit?
  5. SirSantie

Jeep Wrangler wheels

Would 2006 Jeep Wrangler wheels fit my ranger? Lug pattern is 5x4.5 but what about the center hole for the hub wil it fit?
  6. SirSantie

Jeep wheels

Would these jeep wheels fit my ranger or jeep rubicon wheels?
  7. SirSantie

Transmission 5r55e

So I got the truck back from the mechanic after he did a complete rebuild on it. The reason why I did the rebuilt was because the truck would feel that it was in neutral when I put it on drive so I would have to put the truck on 2 to take off then put it in drive and everything would be good...
  8. SirSantie

Reset ECU 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4

I had a mechanic rebuild my transmission (5R55E) and he is now done. He gave me a call to tell me that the truck is done however that he needs to reset the ecu but that I can take it. He said he recommends not driving the truck hard in tell the ecu has been reset. He told me that it takes 2 to 3...
  9. SirSantie

Whats up...

As a former Explorer owner I now sold my Ex and bought a 1993 Ford Ranger 4x4. I have a lot of plans for this little truck to lift, get bigger tires and upgrade mirrors and rear drums to disk breaks also get rid go those seats and get something better... After buying this things turns out 3...
  10. SirSantie

Coil Spring

No Coil Spring
  11. SirSantie

Coil Spring

So Today I was under my truck about to crank the torsion when I noticed that in the front I have no coil spring at all just a shock. Should my 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 have some cold springs. If it should have some then I shouldn't crank the torsion right? Im so confused as to why it doesn't...
  12. SirSantie

Locking hubs

This is what my Hub lock looks like that i found in the glove box
  13. SirSantie

Biggest and widest tire size on factory rims and hight

Whats the biggest and widest tire size that i can fit on my 98 Ford Ranger 4x4 without them rubbing.
  14. SirSantie

Locking hubs

So i am currently looking for my driverside locking hub but for 250.00 at auto zone Im sorry but thats just to much. any suggestions?
  15. SirSantie

Transmission Problems no Drive

Truck has no Drive however Park, Neutral, Reverse, 1 and 2 work just fine. I can be at a full stop then drive about 30mph on 2 then put it on Drive and all the gears will change nice and smooth but when Im at a full stop and try to drive off on Drive it will just rev. Is it the sprag or...
  16. SirSantie

Anti theft

Does the anti theft go on if the battery is low. My battery is about on the 1/4th and my darn anti theft keeps going on. Also my truck is manuel locks and window yet it seems to go on when i open the rear doors. If you want to know i am using the original key.
  17. SirSantie

Transmission Problems

1998 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 V6 4.o No Drive but Park, reverse, 1 and 2 work just fine. My question is how much will it cost to repair and should I just repair what broke in the transmission or should I just do a whole rebuilt? Truck has about 200K miles. Also I need to get this cleared. Is the...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad