• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. 1994 Ford Bronco with steering and hub issues

Hello Campers!. As some know we recently picked up a 1994 Bronco full sized with a 5.8V8 (351w). Been finding out just how much the last owner didn't know about how to maintain things. Anywho... Recent problem might be of interest. It came with WARN hubs. The last owner was proud of his...
  2. Saying Good Bye to the Explorer

Sadly we have decided to put the Explorer up for sale as a "Mechanics Special". We just couldn't see putting in more time and money into transmission repairs. So we are hopeful that the next owner can get this one cheap enough from us-to invest into getting a used one installed. Now where...
  3. Additional fun with this M5OD-R1

Stats of course: 1995 Stock Ford Explorer with the 4.0 OHV. High miles (240k) Did a run down to the pick and pull yard yesterday, noted a very odd sound coming from the transmission. Wife let me know it did it for her a couple of days earlier. I've been using this as a daily driver sense the...
  4. Factory Radio Compatability

This one should drive people crazy! I'll start out by saying I'm not a fan of aftermarket radios. The 1995 explorer came with a POS CD-Radio aftermarket, and it had some stupid thing called a "CD-Lock". So after we changed the failed battery, the deck wanted the exact CD that it was...
  5. 1995 Explorer 4wd questions regarding 4x4 operation and issues Part 2

Hiya Campers. Continuing on with this 1995 Explorer. 4wd. It has the "ControlTrac" system. I know there's a lot of info, but no one really has any solution listed. Either they gave up and walked away? Or they fixed it..and never updated. At any rate: Transfer case was changed out due to...
  6. Slave Cylinder question and pilot bearing question

Ordered in a new slave for the M5OD. Brand is LUK. Along with the flywheel and clutch complete setup. The slave cylinder was a combo of the release bearing and slave. New in box. The slave was bouncing around the box a bit, but I can clearly see the release bearing has a wear pattern...
  7. Transmission Exchange possible and clutch issues came back hard!

Hiya Campers. Still having headaches with our 1995 Explorer Sport with the Standard M50D-R1/ Ran it for a few weeks without any really horrific problems with the shifting/clutch issues we did have after changing the master/line and bleeding the snot out of it. And then it started back having...
  8. suggested tool sizes for rear leaf spring removal

As noted in the suspension area. Our Explorer (1995) has decided once again to turn into the plant from "little shop of horrors" As in FEED ME!! And in this case? It wants green... Drivers side leaf spring (this has mono springs) has snapped. Thankfully it's still able to be driven...
  9. Mono Spring snapped! Didn't expect to see that happen!

All I can say is "Wow". I started doing the rocker panel replacement and when doing the drivers side I had it jacked up on one side with stands. I glanced over and noted the mono leaf spring at the front shackle was hanging off/down at a really odd angle. I figured the bushing went "Poof"...
  10. Fast question about clutch line plastic hose

Hiya, Just a quick one. Picked up a used clutch master and hose from the yard on Saturday and did the install yesterday. Took about 30 minutes to bleed out the air, but finally had a rock hard pedal with it going against the check valve in the fitting. The old one had a tiny bit of 'sponge'...
  11. This transmission is driving me bonkers

Okay...This is now considered a "Quest". 1995 Explorer Sport 5 speed manual. M50D-Rsomethingother. That's the ID tag off this pig. The wife and I attempted using the actual 'tool' to remove the line from the slave. No Joy. Wanna know why? It's totally 'chewed' apart. I tried several...
  12. Argueing with idiots.....Another WalMart 'love' story

I'll preface this by saying yes I know the reasons for correct tire placement. Went to look into get a set of 2 tires for the wifes VW Beetle. The back tires are pretty bald (at wear bars) and the front tires are still at about 85%+ of tread left. So putting those tires on the back axle...
  13. Quick question about clutch pedal travel

Still having issues with our 95 Explorer with shifting. (mazda 5 speed) As a bit of an "informational" thing.... How far off the floor is your clutch pedal before you feel it starting to drag against the clutch disk to move the truck/suv? Sense ours has started to 'grind' again when...
  14. 1995 Explorer Theft light came on while driving home

Another oddity of this Explorer. This to my understanding does not use a PATS system and the alarm system is the aftermarket 'code alarm' box that is 'ford labeled' It just the module box under the dash that acts like just a starter imob unless you either unlock the doors with the remote, or...
  15. compatable mazda transmissions for the explorer

Okay... 1995 Explorer with the Mazda 5 speed. It's been giving me a headache with transmission issues and I'll be hitting the pick and pull tomorrow early morning to see what they have for parts. Rockauto shows: FORD EXPLORER 1993-1997 FORD RANGER 1993-1997 MAZDA B4000 1994-1997 MAZDA NAVAJO...
  16. planing to order in more parts for the explorer

Suggestion Time!! Okay, I will be placing an order for a few needed parts. I'll be using Rock Auto of course. Had the truck kick up a code for O2 sensor Right bank. The left one was replaced prior to my purchase (new appearance) and the right one appears to be factory. Sense the truck has...
  17. Does that U/V die work? Yup. Bad Accumulator located wicked quick.

Okay, Long and short of it. No A/C in our Explorer. So I recharged it and it didn't last...Finally loaded the system with leak stop/detector. No action on the system at all. Went with a 1/2 sized can of R134a with leak stop and U/V detector again... This time? The leak showed up like...
  18. Frank'nExplorer. Project really more then expected. And Pick and Pull Pitfalls.

Okay Campers. Some photos of the Big Red Monster. (no..not Kane from wrestling) I have Rocker panels on order. We have 2 pick and pull yards. One with really decent people, and then there's the one that has most of the Explorer's. I'll have about $80 into both rocker panels when...
  19. Scored at the local Pick and Pull

I know it's not "Explorer". But all the seats that said that on the head rest where roached. I couldn't pass them up. $35.00 for the pair. ($15 each plus a $2.00 core) The old cloth seats had zero foam left on the seat and I got really annoyed at pinching my leg and just about tore up...
  20. Suggestions to flush out clutch fluid

As the title suggests. We have our 95' explorer. Manual 5 speed. Traced the shifting issues mostly due to clutch fluid being contaminated. What seems to been happening is a lot of water was introduced into the system. After everything got 'hot' the clutch was a bear to get into 1st, 2nd...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad