• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Tachometer not running full range

Having an apparent issue with my tach. Presumably the issue has been present since I bought it less than a year ago (not my daily driver and had a bit of an electrical gremlin in fuel pump circuit project for the first 6 months of ownership). 2.9L, 4x4, 5spd At low rpm, the tach SEEMS to be...
  2. Help ID transmission

So the door sticker is either missing or painted over on my 87 ranger. 2.9, 5 speed, 4x4. Found the tag below, is that enough to determine trans code? I haven't been able to find anything that allows me to say with absolute certainty what trans code. I was going to post a pic, but my phone...
  3. Hesitation from change in electrical load

'87 Ranger w/ 2.9, manual, and 4x4 So this truck has been a massive project in electrical gremlins. Lost function of fuel pumps, turned out a ground became 12V somehow and a 12V became ground. Replaced wiring harness and it runs. Was super cold-blooded and had a hesitation, so ended up...
  4. High Pressure Fuel Pump won't run -tried a lot already. HELP!

So, like the title says, the fuel pump won't run. I'm starting to get desperate. This is the secondary, high pressure pump located on the frame. Was working initially. Did a massive tune up (New TFI, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, coil) and suddenly the fuel pump wouldn't hum when I turn the key to...
  5. 87 ranger, 2.9 v6 Fuel pump help

So I bought this truck back in November. Almost immediately developed a stutter. Previous owner admitted it existed, but thought he got rid of it with new fuel filter, got it for a steal so I wasn't upset. Anyways, in process of deciding which route to try fixing first, took it out and would...

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad