• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. UCA alignment questions

Hey guys I have a 2001 Ford Ranger xlt 4.0 with the t-bar style suspension and I need to change the upper control arm and put camber bolts on each side and was wondering if there is a trick to keep the alignment as true as possible so I can drive for a few days until I get to a alignment shop...
  2. Help replacing 4.0 sohc fuel injectors

Hi everyone I am experiencing a misfire on my 2001 ford ranger xlt 4.0 and i need to change a fuel injector. Any tips and tricks to this process and I need to know if I need to take off the damn intake to get to those pesky injectors. Any help is appreciated, cheers
  3. Mysterious shake

Hello guys I have a 2001 ford ranger xlt with the 4.0 sohc and my truck shakes at idle and at 1500 rpm while first driving this problem just started a couple days ago and 5-10 minutes into driving the shake goes away with no trace and when it does shake it really shakes. I am pretty worried and...
  4. 4.0 sohc Passenger side valve cover questions

My buddy has a 2004 ranger XLT 4.0 sohc and it has been putting out P0174 and P0171 and i suspect that it is a vacuum leak of some sort so i look under the hood and i know that there is a pcv valve on the rear drivers side of the engine and that looked good but on the passenger side valve...
  5. Fuel filter replacement

I have a 2001 ford ranger xlt 4.0 with 180k and I need to change the fuel filter, It has the factory filter on there and is getting bad. I have a replacement filter and am wondering if there is a special procedure on the fuel line clips that go on the filter, if I break the clips I am S.O.L due...
  6. Differential maintenance questions

I have a 2001 ford ranger xlt with the 4.0 sohc and it has 4.10 gears in the rear end and I need to change the diff fluid. My question is can I use a synthetic 75w-90 instead of the recommended 80w-90, and what do you think of lube locker gaskets? Any help is very much appreciated.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad