• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. sickwilly

p0171, 300, 301, 302,316 all at once. Suggestions?

Its the coil. I put a coil in from a 2002 and it ran fine for the 30 or so miles home. Are Motorcraft coils and wires the best bet?
  2. sickwilly

Im heading over there now to hopefully find out more. Plan ordering coil and wires if i dont find anything else.
  3. sickwilly

““RonD Jun 6, 2023 Yes, with MAF unplugged computer switches to Open Loop so no longer does the air/fuel calculations, and ignores O2 sensors, just runs engine on Factory tables for that engine size, same as it does when engine is cold With engine warmed up and idling Unplug the 2 wire...
  4. sickwilly

Its the 03 xlt in my sig. My bad. After it sat for 1 1/2 hrs, it crunk and ran fine again for about 10 minutes. I took it down the road a couple miles and it started sputtering again. That kinda tells me its not a clogged fuel filter or a clogged injector or a vacuum leak.
  5. sickwilly

Ok so running normal, then suddenly starts sputtering and running like crap. I just happened to be near a friends house and was able to make there and not leave it on the side of the road. This was within 3 miles or so. Did this exact thing a few years ago and it was the spark plugs. So I...
  6. sickwilly

Anybody familiar with this large fitting on p/s pump?

Alright then, I’ll just get a seal kit and see how well that works. Now that I know what it looks like I aint worried about takin it off and gettin it back on. I appreciate the help guys.
  7. sickwilly

Mucho gracias for the pics Shran. It helps a lot to see what Im dealing with. And it’s probably that tapered oring that’s leaking. Could you tell if the oring seat was actually tapered or the oring was just crushed? Kinda looks to be actually tapered.
  8. sickwilly

Mine is like the first pic. Instead of trying to find an oring, I figured i could buy the fitting/valve with the orings on it but i guess not. The only place I can find a picture of the thing is on the p/s pump assy, so maybe you have to buy the pump to get it.
  9. sickwilly

Ive had a leak at this nut for a while and Im just tired of it leaking fluid. Ive wiped that area off a dozen times and Im sure thats where the leak is from. Im attaching a couple pics i’ve run across and Im just curious if the 20 x 3 mm oring in the first pic is correct and thats the likely...
  10. sickwilly

Wiring led lights - Does this electrically make sense?

Ok. I appreciate the responses.I was just trying to wrap my head around how dc current works as opposed to ac. Those small wires coming out of the light were bugging me. The most this light pulls is probably around 40-60 watts in reality. Ive almost got the wiring harness made using 14 ga wire...
  11. sickwilly

All 3 individual pigtails go back to the relay. Sorry, I should’ve clarified something. . Im using the included harness for the two 4” lights only. They’re wired up and they work. The 12” light will be wired separately to turn on with the high beams, which i have to make another harness for...
  12. sickwilly

Franklin2 I actually have a couple relays for that purpose. Thats next after I finish the leds if I still feel the need to. PJ “that being said, the circuit voltage will push as much current thru it as the total load will allow. that current will be constant thru out the circuit, so when the...
  13. sickwilly

Trying to wire up some leds and noticed in the user manual it says this ”16 ga max wattage 180w, 14 ga 300w, 12 ga 450w”. Now I understand that more power can flow thru a bigger wire, but the wire lead coming out of the light itself is 18 or 20 ga. Far as I know THAT would be the limiting...
  14. sickwilly

Do 3.0 Autos have a 2 row radiator or 1 row?

Eric Yeah your right. I just thought the discrepancy in capacity was odd - was trying to explain it in my head. I have no idea how much the engine block holds or if it drains from the block when you drain the radiator from the petcock. I would think so but idk.
  15. sickwilly

OK, apparently mine is single row - measures 1inch. Also only holds 2 gal, not 14.9 qts like the book says. This aint the first part to not add up on this truck. I bought it brand new so i know its original. Assuming a 2 row radiator holds twice as much fluid, I gotta wonder if a 2 row is what’s...
  16. sickwilly

Cbxer55. Yeah I didn’t know if you could tell by looking at it or not either. I can fix a few things, I don’t know jack about radiators. Ron. Your the one that posted in an old thread about autos having 2 cores. If I hadn't read that I might’ve ordered a single and not known the difference...
  17. sickwilly

Looks like I need a new radiator (small leak at top, no idea how long it’s been there) and the vast majority I see at rockauto and summit are single core. Ive seen mentioned while reading old threads that the autos had 2 core so Im wondering if I should be looking for a 2 core. This is for a 03...
  18. sickwilly

How to determine if I have a factory tow package or aftermarket?

My 03 has a trans cooler, but did not come with receiver hitch. The presence of a trans cooler in and of itself may not tell you anything. But yes the trans cooler is visible, just a little 10” square radiater on the left side.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad