• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Search results

1. Overheated, losing coolant

My bii overheated while I was flushing the radiator in preparation to replace the cooling system. I pulled over and let it cool down. turned out to be a busted hose. Was able to get it back with out letting it get hot again, ran fine, but blew a little white smoke. So I went ahead and put all...
  2. adjustable camber/caster

I have an 86 ford bronco ii 4wd, My caster is out a little and the shop said I needed a bushing to correct it, I wanted to get an adjustable bushing. so I was looking on rock auto but there are so many different ones i'm not sure what to choose. Does anyone know what I should get? pic of...
  3. Question on Radiator and other coolers

I have an 86 bronco II with a trans cooler and a/c cooler that sit in front of the radiator. See pic. They seem to be add ons and block off a lot of air flow to my rad. The a/c system is not original, it looks hacked together from other components. Just want to know if the two coolers I have are...
  4. 86 bronco II surging, hesitation, etc..

I have an 86 bronco II with 2.9l. It is hesitating, surging, and shutting off randomly. I had this problem last year. At the time I ended up replacing the Distributor cap, rotor, and ignition control module. I pulled some codes that pointed to the egr system. Then replaced some vacuum lines...
  5. 2.9 Timing, or some other issue.

I'm having trouble setting timing, I think. I removed the distributor to replace pickup coil and marked it, but unfortunately it was already loose and my marks probably are not exact. I did get it to start but it idled really high so I decided to adjust timing. The problem is even after...
  6. How to replace pick-up coil

I'm trying to figure out how to replace the pickup coil in my distributor. Mine is broke. I'm hoping that I can do so with out removing the distributor, even if it is harder. I have an 86 b2 2.9. Anyone have info on how to replace it?
  7. EECIV Test code help

I pulled the KOEO codes on my 86 b2 but i'm having trouble understanding them. The koeo codes are 34 and 67, the memory codes are 63 and 32. I read the odb1 2digit codes listed here and they are as follows: 34 EVP - (R) EGR did not respond properly during test - EVP EVR - (O, R, M) EVP...
  8. Engine bay wiring and hoses

I have an 86 bronco II eddie bauer. I wanted to try and figure some things out that have been changed by previous owner. Things were cut, rerouted, and other odd stuff. I'm not real familiar with b2's or the 2.9 engine. Maybe some of you who are in the know can take a look at these pics and tell...
  9. Hello

Hello! Been reading and lurking on this forum since I got my bronco II. It's a real invaluable resource, glad to be around. I have an 86 bronco II eddie bauer. Looking forward to getting the kinks worked out and fixing it up. -chris

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad