• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

fm145

1. FM145 to M5OD

I have an 87 Ranger STX. I cant really find much info on this swap. What would be involved to do the swap?? From what I can find, the M5OD should bolt right on with a new floor plate. But I have a feeling that something else would be need. Any help would be nice. Thanks.
  2. Transmission Fill problem.

so I have a 1987 Ford Ranger 2.9 4 wheel drive. that I'm having trouble locating the fill plug on the transmission. I have the chilton book where it tells me that its on the left side but unfortunately it's not stamped on the case. but on the other side it has 2 plugs. One is the reverse light...
  3. Fm145 replace bearings

I have a fm145 in my 87 broncoII, and it was making a lot of noise in all gears other than 4th. So I figured bearings and pulled the trans. Have not broken the trans down much yet but can def notice the slop in the input shaft. Found bearing, seal, gasket, and synchro kits and am planning on...
  4. fm145 help!!!

Hi all, I have a delema I was hopeing to have help with. I have been workin on an 87 ranger 4wd for awhile and am getting it close to finished now. Originally it was an automatic. But I picked up a fm145. After changing the pedals and a few things around as well as tranny crossmember, I realized...
  5. 87' FM145 to 2.3? Will there be issues?

So I have a question that I hope someone can answer for me. I have an 87' Ranger XLT 4x4 with a 2.9 V-6, and it has over 160,000 miles and has sat for 9+ years. I really don't want to mess with it, and I would like to hop up and swap in a carbureted 2.3L. I want to keep my stock Mitsubishi...
  6. 84bluebronco2

Swaping Mazda TK4 for FM145

Are the two transmissions the same size? I know the bellhousing is removable from my truck to transplant onto the FM145. Will the drive shafts be compatible? My truck is a stock 84 b2 with the TK4 4spd manual. Looking to swap in a FM145. Thanks, 84BB2

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad