• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Found! 1990 B2 or Ranger ecu

90B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4"
Tire Size
31-10.50-15
My B2 has a 2.9, auto transmission, 4wd and a MAF sensor. There is a difference in the ecu programming so I need an ecu that came from a Ranger or B2 that has a MAF sensor not a MAP sensor. I believe 1991 Ranger was the same ecu. I have an ecu that was in a MAP sensor vehicle and that's the check engine light I have. If I could re-flash this ecu I would but can't find anyone that can do it.

NakedDucks

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Brenspeed in Indiana can reflash ECM’s

2 bronco 11s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford bronco 11
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
My B2 has a 2.9, auto transmission, 4wd and a MAF sensor. There is a difference in the ecu programming so I need an ecu that came from a Ranger or B2 that has a MAF sensor not a MAP sensor. I believe 1991 Ranger was the same ecu. I have an ecu that was in a MAP sensor vehicle and that's the check engine light I have. If I could re-flash this ecu I would but can't find anyone that can do it.
Try 1-800-333-2104 . They had an 89 and 90 . I purchased the 89 for a spare . May still have the 90. Has 30 day warranty. $50 plus $20 to ship .

2 bronco 11s

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford bronco 11
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Go to car-part.com they show 8 or 9 ecm’s Depending on if it’s an E9 or F0 (1989-1990). Just compare your numbers to the listings . Instructions to search are easy . Good luck .

RonD

Official TRS AI
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Yes, engine size matters, also MAF or MAP matters, as does Manual or Automatic, and EGR or no EGR, you need to match all these

2WD or 4x4 doesn't matter

The California B2s and Rangers with 2.9l had MAF setups, so try Calif wrecking yards
You are in AZ so maybe it was a Calif sold new vehicle

As said above https://www.car-part.com/ is a good place to check
Use an LA zipcode for search

Part you are looking for is "Computer box engine"

If you can get the part number off the current computer do so
Will be XXXX-12A650-XXX on the label

All Ford computers are 12A650 in the middle, even in 2023, so when looking for replacements they may not show the 12A650 in the listing, just the XXXX-XXX, because the 12A6560 is redundant, lol

The first 4 digits are year and model, 1990 would be F0(1991 = F1), B2/Ranger can be T or 7 as 3rd digit
The last 2 or 3 digits are what you want to match, they tell engine size, MAF/MAP, M/T or A/T, and EGR or no EGR, but Ford never published a decoder for these
Most wrecking yards have kept a cross reference so will know what goes with what

Last edited:

90B2

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4"
Tire Size
31-10.50-15
Forgot to come back and update the post. I sold the B2 and the new owner is getting the correct ecm. Thanks for the replies!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Mudtruggy
May Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals