• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Camera problem and others.

rrod

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
2019 Ranger with 30000 miles roughly. Sudden problems.
1. Front camera malfunction.
2. Pre-collision asist not available. I assume becasue of item 1.
3. My display gives me an ignition warning. See attached.
4. Proximity warning chime sounds very different.

Items 3 & 4 started maybe a month after items 1 & 2. I recently had the Ranger serviced. They never mentioned the camera issue. Items 3 & 4 started after the service.

Attachments

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
2019 Ranger with 30000 miles roughly. Sudden problems.
1. Front camera malfunction.
2. Pre-collision asist not available. I assume becasue of item 1.
3. My display gives me an ignition warning. See attached.
4. Proximity warning chime sounds very different.

Items 3 & 4 started maybe a month after items 1 & 2. I recently had the Ranger serviced. They never mentioned the camera issue. Items 3 & 4 started after the service.
The display issue is something similar to what I was getting when the factory AGM battery was taking a dump.

The other three might all be interrelated You might want to check with a dealership first or do a internet search to see if there is any kind of service bulletin or recall (I haven't gotten one). That might help defray or cover the cost if your warranty is up. This is assuming you didn't get the extended warranty.

If none of that pans out, you'll need someone or a shop that can access the system to see what, if any fault codes there might be. I'm assuming there will be since other systems are effected and I doubt a conventional, basic code reader is going to see any of that. You could give it a try if you have a code reader. You might get lucky and get something. From there, you might have something to start poking at in order to see what the problem and the fix is.

rrod

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Thank you. They did a battery load test at the sevice. The report stated it was okay. I suspected the battery because of the display message (ignition) that came up very time I opened the door to get in. So I performed a simple voltage measurement (engine off). 12.5 volts. I did not go any further. I do not have a code reader as I figured whats the point. I do not have the ability to track issue down. Thanks again.

sgtsandman

Aircraft Fuel Tank Diver
TRS Forum Moderator
U.S. Military - Active
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2011/2019
Make / Model
Ranger XLT/FX4
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC/2.3 Ecoboost
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
Pre-2008 lift/Stock
Tire Size
31X10.5R15/265/65R17
Thank you. They did a battery load test at the sevice. The report stated it was okay. I suspected the battery because of the display message (ignition) that came up very time I opened the door to get in. So I performed a simple voltage measurement (engine off). 12.5 volts. I did not go any further. I do not have a code reader as I figured whats the point. I do not have the ability to track issue down. Thanks again.
12.5 volts with a battery that has been sitting for a while means the battery is about done. I was less than impressed with the longevity of the OEM battery. Hopefully, it's replacement lasts longer. The OEM battery didn't even make it to the 3 years the replacement batteries are warrantied for. The truck was built in June of 2019. The battery failed in February of 2022.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals